Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Hi, first post so hope I'm in the right place, got a T8 yesterday, got it all set up and running nicely with a bit of help from Technical, anyway everything was going smoothly until about 2am this morning, was watching an old Glastonbury concert and clicked return to go back to the menu and...nothing...black screen. Couldn't get to the main home screen either. So I rebooted, main menu came back up, clicked to go into XBMC Media Centre, black screen again, nothing loading. Eventually I watched a few videos and decided to do a factory reset, this worked and after it being down for about 90 minutes, I was able to resume watching. Obviously I can't have this happening after every few hours of use so I wondered if anyone knew a) what caused it and b) how do I stop it from happening again? (When it goes to black screen it is impossible to get out, you either have to reboot or wait 5 minutes and it returns to the home menu). Thanks for reading.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Normally if this happens on the remote press the home button its the one that looks like a house.
If you go back in and its still a black screen then power off and wait a few secs, then restart.
If it keeps doing it you might have to reinstall Kodi again remember to clear data first in setting, more, more setting and then apps. Look for Kodi or xbmc and clear data, wait for it to get to zero then go back into Kodi and re-do the wizard. Remember to click ok on the last message then unplug the power from the back.
Hope its ok and enjoy your droidbox.

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Thanks very much David. I did speak on live chat to someone earlier and he was quite mystified by it, I'll copy your advice and paste it somewhere within easy access, cheers.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sometimes if you open Kodi and its blank it also could be that there's no memory as well. To check go to setting and look for storage and it should say here how much you have along the top. Also here is where you can clear cache for all apps to, just scroll down to cache and click on it and then clear.

Enjoy

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Starting to get annoying now. Switched on, had an attempt at the remote control app again, worked for a time then lost it again, went back in XBMC Media, black screen...had to reboot, twice...storage space is 5.35 gb available 4.10.
When it goes to black screen, it's as if it's waiting for the first user message to pop up, but it just doesn't load properly and remains blank. Obviously something is up - it's already had a factory reset and reinstall.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, doesn't sound right, my advice us you can wait to see what SilentlyScreaming says as he can help sort it out, but not sure if he is back till Monday. Also live chat witch is on our main site and the greenish box in the corner that says message or chat...but that's office hours only. Do you have any problems with Showbox or any other Apps.

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
I've been on live chat David, the chap was very helpful but didn't know what it was and suggested I ask on the forum :)
When I did the factory reset, I lost Showbox and everything else that was in the right hand panel except for 4K Movie Player - could you tell me how to get them back? Also I lost all the preloaded favourites but I know how to do that.
cheers

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
When you do a factory reset it can take up to 1hour for apps to load back on. If they don't then go to apps in the menu and look for File ManagerHD and then go to APKs files and they all should be here.
A factory reset should be a last resort normally clearing cache or data should do. The guys on live chat are very helpful and on here there are loads of people willing to help you.
SilentlyScreaming is the man how looks after this forum and if you look at some of his threads he no's a lot to.
Might see what he has to say.....

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Went to File Manager HD - cannot see anything that mentions APKs files - have two vertical menus (storage sytem gallery etc and on it's right 4 yellow folders Android DCIM etc) and at the top, several icons (home multi up back next create etc)
Show box is shown on the apps menu but comes up with a message saying that my phone won't allow unauthorised apps or similar to that. My phone?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It isn't the apps he is missing, but the shortcuts on the launcher homescreen. If you click the +/- icon on the right hand side, you'll be presented with a list of all your installed applications...

upload_2015-6-3_10-18-43.png

upload_2015-6-3_10-20-19.png

From that list, click on the apps you want a shortcut for, a green tick will appear.
Similarly, if you change your mind and want to remove a shortcut, repeat the process and the tick will vanish.
Once complete, press the Return key on your remote, and you'll see the new shortcuts...
upload_2015-6-3_10-35-58.png

The same principle applies for T8 users with a different launcher, however the +/- is replaced with Add+ I think.

andyj

Mar 5, 2016
can someone help please, i have a t8 kodi, but the kodi has gone black, it was working 2 hrs ago, how can i reinstall kodi please and after this what is the best app for f1 and how do i get it, ive been trying to get this sorted for ages
Please Help

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
OK try going to setting, other, more setting and apps then scroll to kodi go inside and force stop then clear cache.
Then go back one and then storage and make sure your storage is not low. If it is you will need to delete something or some unwanted apps. If storage is OK just go and try again.

Good luck

andyj

Mar 5, 2016
OK try going to setting, other, more setting and apps then scroll to kodi go inside and force stop then clear cache.
Then go back one and then storage and make sure your storage is not low. If it is you will need to delete something or some unwanted apps. If storage is OK just go and try again.

Good luck
thanks David, ive got my Kodi back, now just need to find a decent f1 channel!!
The only other problem i keep getting a snazbad error and most of the channels are failing to work, i dont know if its the box (T8)

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I had to google "snazbad" , no luck, and even my kids don't know what it means. All this yoof talk.

Back to f1. It will be hit and miss depending on which Addons have good quality live to feeds. Nothing is guaranteed in this world

Starting with android apps, try Mobdro and Uktvnow which have comprehensive live tv listings.

In Kodi, check the seo-Michael web site for the latest Live tv Addons. For now you could see what is available in sports Addons. castaway and sports devil will likely have f1 although quality can be hit and miss. Then ukturk carries live tv feeds as dos Phoenix. Njm soccer seems to be extending its sports coverage outside football. Others on here can add more likely candidates.

With regard to "snazbad" it sounds like it is time to refresh your addon set. If you have run the wookie before to set things up, consider running it again (stop Kodi, delete cache and data first)

andyj

Mar 5, 2016
sorry, its sabnzbd, i have loaded wookie as suggested and a few more things have worked thanks
i had been using phoenix, uk turks and sportsdevil, but for some reason it either drops out within minutes or doesnt work at all which is very frustrating

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry I have no idea what "sabnzbd" is either and its connection with Kodi, your droidbox and the problem you are experiencing.