rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
hi all
i am in spain and have installed turbo vpn from google play store.

it shows connected but i am unable to get bbc iplayer.

when i go to 'networks' and click on 'vpn' it asks for a accredited password which i have not got.

could anyone advise me on this please

thanks
rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Best bet would be to contact the turbo vpn people. Especially if you have paid for it. I take it it is the vpn asking for the password not iplayer?

Reactions: ChrisM

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
hi all

when i go to 'networks' and click on 'vpn' it asks for a accredited password which i have not got.

thanks
rj
HI

VPN providers require subscription through their website if no trial period within the app is provided.In order to make sure that VPN is active upon minimizing the app you can check ip address from the web browser.
If IP address is changed based on the location of the preference then it means that it is active and running.

If by pressing home button VPN service fails to run you can hold alt key and while holding press tab key which can also minimize the app and keep it running.

Regards

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
thanks to you both.

sorry for delayed reply.

nigelar.............the turbo vpn is free from google playstore and it shows connected.
i am asked to provide a 'credential storage ' password after clicking on 'vpn'
i have no idea where to find this password.

8bitdev.........the turbo vpn shows connected and running and i am assuming that to actually make it functional i need to go to......... settings......networks.........vpn
that is as far as i can go because i am asked for a password [unknown ]

i tried accessing bbc iplayer with the vpn showing connected and running but it did not work.

message shown ''uk tv licence required''
rj

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Tbh free vpn's are not practical enough, at around £30 for a good paid vpn for the year you will not go wrong. #cheapaschips

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
For mobile users, using the screen lock pin often works. You could mimic this on the droidbox by setting up a screen lock pin in settings and using that but this might be more trouble than it is worth.

What did the software support people say?

I believe iplayer needs a uk postcode to work now. Also the bbc are getting more rigorous with non uk use and can possibly detect vpn use.

You could try flash vpn free from google play. Certainly when used from the uk it does not ask for any credentials.

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
sean......you are probably correct in your assessment .
i was thinking to try the free vpn's to see the outcome.

nigelar..... i could not find any contacts for turbo vpn support.

i am going to try flash from google play.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ive used various Free VPN services and TBH Ive found the paid for VPN service to be way way better in reliability and speed.
Just my findings.
Dave

angela

Mar 3, 2015
hi all

thanks
rj

Hi, You do not need to go into your settings > networks > vpn > to set it up just click on the app, when you connect are you connected to a UK server, click on the flag in the top right hand corner of the app and the servers will pop up.

Reactions: David Savage