rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
hello,
i am thinking of getting a paid v p n.
there are two issues that i need to consider.

1. i have a mxq pro box in my apartment in spain [ i live in the uk ] which is part of a community that supplies routers to all the apts; each has its own security code.

the box works well but i cannot access bbc iplayer,bbc 4 and others.

will a v p n installation overcome this ??

2. from a security aspect, will a v p n work for my laptops [ as well as mxq pro box ] in uk and spain.
thanks for any comments offered.
rj

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
nigelar
one more question.....would a v p n allow more choice of addons ; because many i have tried do not work [ in uk ] and i seem to be using a limited number for movies, tv shows and sports.
i use exodus for movies and tv shows and mobdro app and tv turks for sports .
regards
rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Quick answer is yes. Some of the common addons like 1channel, icefilms, velocity are blocked, certainly in the uk. However, there are still plenty of non blocked alternatives. The ones you quote, plus salts (which grabs stream from many sources), 123 movies, the royal we, alluc etc etc. Plus the showbox android app (think it is in droidbox app store/market) if not google it.
There are many non blocked sports streams as well. Evolve, phoenix, moneysports, castaway etc.

The seo michael or "best for kodi" carry lists of addons and installation instructions.

I do not use a vpn in the uk and it is fine.

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
thank you
i bought my box 4 months ago and i used salts a lot for some time then for some unknown reason it would not work for me.
i will try the ones you have recommended.
rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Make sure you have an up to date version of salts, preferably from the fusion source and latest tknorris repository.