britott

Mar 8, 2016
Hi,
I am trying to do a backup of kodi on the android side with an sd card, but everytime I hit backup it comes up with the destination may not be writeable would you like to continue. I have formatted the sd card numerous times and also used a couple other sd cards to see if any are faulty, I have no problems doing a backup on a simple M8 box. When I goto open the sd card there is always something in it that says LOST.DIR
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Best regards,
Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks bud, did have a look but nothing there that helped with this particular problem
Thanks though

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi there britott, use es file explorer to back up your kodi config. Open it up inserting your ad card and scroll down on the left and enable 'show hidden files' and 'root explorer'. Scroll up on left and click on :-Home, scroll right to android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/long press on addons until tick appears, user data and media with all 3 ticked scroll to bottom and copy. Now go left and scroll down and open your sd card then paste in there. You now have copied your kodi config. To re-install that config whenever just delete the 3 file you copied above and paste in the 3 from your sd card. Hope you can follow this also create a file on your sd with a date for the 3 files to go in for your reference.

Last edited:

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks Sean will give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the advice bud.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No probs and good luck, the LOST.DIR gets created when connecting to box and is perfectly normal and harmless. You can delete it but another 1 will appear on next connection.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
If you are not able to backup Kodi data on your SD card then you can take backup on your internal memory and then copy the Backup folder to your SD card through Es File Explorer

Jay W

Feb 6, 2016
Download SDfix: KitKat Writeable MicroSD from Play Store and this will sort the problem. This will work fine on Lollipop and i have tried and tested this and now I can also backup to my internal HDD.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Download SDfix: KitKat Writeable MicroSD from Play Store and this will sort the problem. This will work fine on Lollipop and i have tried and tested this and now I can also backup to my internal HDD.
Thanks bud worked a treat

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Reactions: sblabs

rttr

Jan 23, 2017
The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. This kind of app could backup everything from your phone to computer