palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
the test i did last nite was from a completley pure reset droid box with a google play kodi and just exodus intalled
the vader thing is from last week before i wiped my box yesterday
so i do i still need to reintall kodi as i did it from scratch for u last nite
thanks

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
i promise last nites test had nothng but exodus intaaled from a reseted droid box

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok.
As a minimum make sure you clear data and cache and then reinstall exodus.
The problem is something is interrupting those calls to retrieve the tv series and I don't know what it is.
At least having a clean start helps because I can eliminate what Kodi is doing.
Of course it may be something outside Kodi - maybe your VPN, maybe an ad blocker if you have one installed. Anything you can think of, please say.
If the next test fails I don't know where we go.
Maybe try on DBMC, same tests, same clean Set up.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
no my droid box is pure as of last nite
nothing installed
look il re install exodus using smash if that log is no good
i couldn see anything other than dots
so i tried to find the search

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
k i reloaded kodi and exodus reload om this time without the dots
so im going to email another log
thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok so it appears to be the same results. Damn!
I am going to have to seek some help elsewhere, unless someone else here on the forum would like to jump in?

Just to help me explain the problem to someone else, can you walk through exactly what you see (or don't see) when you execute the search.

After entering "Silicon Valley" in the tv show search, do you see around a page full of art work for possible matches e.g. Start ups Silicon Valley, Chelsea does, betas etc et?

If you hit just the Silicon Valley fan art, is that where the search then fails?

What happens then?

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
yeh i see all of that
then i click on silicon valey and hey presto sweet f a
click
clikc
actaly the first click i get 1 second of the thinky circle
and then nothing
everything stays the same
silsicon valley icon

click
click
click
no joy
i think i clicked it a few times for u

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have raised your problem on the ares project forum. Hopefully someone there will be able to help us.
Here is a copy of the question:

"I would appreciate some help trying to solve a problem a friend has with Exodus TV searches.

The problem: he searches for a tv show - in this case "Silicon Valley"
The initial search results are returned as a series of thumbnails, some of which match the search criteria with a load of other thumbnails.
He selects "Silicon Valley" expecting to see thumbnails for 4 series.
Nothing is returned and he returns to the initial thumbnail.

He is running a new install of Kodi 17.3, latest exodus 3.1.22, android 5.

I have tried to replicate the issue on the same set up.
I get the initial set of thumbnails and when I hit "Silicon Valley" I get 4 thumbnails for each of the series 1-4.
I hit "series 4" and it displays all the episodes. As a test I viiewed one of them successfully.

I have asked him to run debug logs and have tried to compared it with one I ran..
I see that his initial search returns a number of 403 errors retrieving thumbnails from thetvdb although a number are also retrieved successfully. My log does not have these errors.

Looking further at his log, he clicks on the"silicon valley" thumbnail and I see that exodus attempts to retrieve the first series details (series 1 - 2014). It is here that it falls over, producing an error on the "get directory" command.

Can anyone help interpret what is going on?

I can enclose a log if it will help."

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
my daughter has the same issue on her laptop
it cant be vpn coz it wouldnt work on movies either would it

is there a way of making sure my debrid aount is defo shut down and not conected to my server????????
so i can see if its real debrid

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
could it be since a moved rooms lat week?????
i was hard wired last week and moved into r summer room which is wi fi

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. I have not had any useful feedback on the ares project forum.
But something is clearly blocking your access to the tv database (TVDB) which returns the series fan art for you to select a particular series to view episodes.

My log file shows that after selecting "Silicon Valley" from the presented list I get the message:

Easy Acquire - created session to http://thetvdb.com

You don't.

Which proves I can access it, but you can't.

So what is it blocking access?

My suspicion now is that your VPN (or a firewall component) is blocking you. Often the cloud fare host which the TVDB resides on will return a captcha code when it detects a VPN. Maybe it is doing it in this case, and Exodus (and other addons) cannot interpret it. So as you can't enter the code (you don't even see the input box for it) , the connection is not formed.

You ask why movies are ok, probably because they don't access the TVDB for fan art.

Reading some of your past posts, I see you have recently got a netgear router and your brother has set up the PIA VPN on the router. So it is very possible that that is blocking things especially since your daughter gets the same.

So to test this out, you need to either get your brother to unconfigure the VPN, or temporarily revert to your old sky router.

That's my advice, so suggest you get back to me when you've tried it out.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Another possibility to look at would be the ISP being used, before the VPN is involved.
You could check both at the same time if you get a decent signal on your mobile phone and have enough data left this month to run some tests....
Turn on the mobile hotspot on your mobile phone (google for help there)
On the DroidBOX, make sure everything is updated in Google's Play Store and Kodi before changing anything (may as well keep your phone bill as low as possible).
Head to the WiFi settings and connect to the phone's hotspot. If you normally use a network cable, disconnect it first.
Now head back to Kodi and check if the same issues arise with TV series.
DON'T FORGET TO DISCONNECT FROM THE HOTSPOT! I would personally click on the hotspot network name on your phone and tell it to forget the connection/password to prevent any chance of hugh phone bills.

If this works, do as Nigelar suggests and temporarily swap back to your old router or ask your brother to disable the VPN for 1/2 hour.
If this leads to it STILL working, the VPN is your issue. If the old modem/no VPN still lead to no TV series improvement, triple check by reconnecting to the hotspot (disconnect after!!!). TV series behaving? Then the internet connection for your house is the root.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
k i will do i need to ask my bro to do it when he has time
the thing is if it is the vpn what do i do??
its hardwired into the netgear
this is to prevent my isp from seeing what i use
also its to ensure my daughter is using a vpn on our network
I dont trust her by adding a devise as she may use other devices or not all
at least she has no say in the matter
is there a setting on the vpn that my brother can tweek???

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If it is the vpn then you will have to choose between having it switched on or not viewing the type of tv shows you like.

I have no idea about pia vpn settings as i dont use one.

Alternatively you could look for a vpn that recycles ip addresses more frequently. Pia is notorious for generating captcha codes on cloudfare.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
rite guess what my exoduss tv shows work
i dont know wether my bro has turned it off coz hes busy and hasnt text me back but the pia is still saying im protected
Guess what I did this morning though
I turned my netgear on and off
Why has this helped
Im no longer geting capatchas on websites such as this

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
no my bro hasnt disabled it
i rember now wen i first got the net gear capachas where poing up everywhere and i had to turn off netgear for sum reason and everhthing worked
io rekon il get 2 days then il have to turn it off again
y????????????????

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
one thing i have noticed when i pause a tv show or even movie the loading bar doesnt seem to increase! A tiny bit maybee but not much! u would of thought after 15mins on pause the bar would be half full