Doobie

Jan 20, 2018
Dunn, NC
Just unboxed my brand new T8 SE. During the setup, I can't move past "Step 1 Choose your language to begin"
After English is chosen, Nothing happens when I select the Green "NEXT" icon. I can't do anything including selecting "SKIP". I've used different controllers but nothing works. Thanks for any advice.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're using controllers that can move an on screen cursor and that have both an OK button and one with LMB/picture of a mouse with the left mouse button coloured in, try the LMB/mouse icon one.

If you have a controller with a QWERTY keyboard, flip the controller over so the keyboard is facing you, and try using UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT and Enter/Return instead.

If you haven't already tried, use the infrared remote (no QWERTY keyboard, in case that helps).

Plug in a normal USB mouse temporarily.

Final thought, you've not got the controllers' USB dongles connected directly to your TV do you? This could result in a mouse cursor being shown on screen, but it would be controlling the TV itself, rather than the DroidBOX (though CEC connectivity may help there). If this is the case, connect the dongle(s) to a USB socket on the T8 SE itself.

STRAINIE

Apr 26, 2017
ERROR FETCHING UPDATE INFO: INVALID ROM ID [DBX-T8-SE]!

CAN NOT UPDATE MY T8-SE BOX

T8-SE NOUGAT.2017112.0.V8.2.0 IS THIS UP TO DATE BOX

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Droidbox normally advertise firmware updates either on here or on the droidbox blog. I have seen nothing so assume your 2 Nov firmware date is the latest. The error message certainly is the one associated with your firmware being current (yes, it could be more meaningful).

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
You are currently on the latest firmware. You can ignore the Invalid ROM ID message as this just means it was shipped with the latest firmware. The message will change when a new firmware is available. In the meantime you can update any apps via the Google Play Store.

Jim A

Sep 17, 2017
So I am assuming that I should disregard the ota notification to download 1.1.0 update? The download fails at %50 or or less constantly.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No Jim. The original post referred to how things were back in January.
V1.1.0 is a new release and you should be able to grab it. Possibly the servers were busy so I would try again.