toronto070

Jun 6, 2016
Hi,

I'm new / just bought a T8s Plus. The settings menus for the T8S Plus seems to be different than for the T-8 S. Mine is grey icons with white writing / pictures in the middle. I can't seem to find remote control on the settings menu anywhere (whereas the T-8 seems to have a colourful menu with Advanced options that include turning the remote control feature on and off). I've tried installing droidbox share, but it doesn't work (and if I try to connect to the box from my phone by entering the IP address I get an error message that the box "refused to connect"). Similarly I downloaded remoteime and it doesn't seem to connect, even if I manually enter the box's IP address. I'm wondering if this is because there is a remote control setting somewhere that I need to find and enable, or will these apps just not work with the T8S plus? (which would be kind of disappointing.... would hope that the plus would at least have the same functionality as the non-plus).

Otherwise the box is great and I'm enjoying it.

Cheers for any help.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Go to your settings, third level down you will see (Remote & Accessories )
Click on remote and you can switch it on.

toronto070

Jun 6, 2016
HI Angela, Thanks for your reply. The only setting I have under remote & accessories is Add Accessory (with the Bluetooth symbol in the middle of the box). When I click that I can turn bluetooth on, and TVBluetooth comes up as a pairable device. There are no other options

toronto070

Jun 6, 2016
Hmm....certainly not there for me. That's weird - I wonder if I've bought a clone or something! I also don't have google cast on my menu.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I wonder if you are not up to date with firmware updates. For example google cast was added to droidboxes as part of the 29 april release

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/ota-for-the-t8-family/

If you go ahead with the firmware update make sure it is a droidbox you have (bought direct or via amazon) else you could brick the box.

Reactions: ChrisM

toronto070

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks everyone for your responses and your help. I suspect I do not have a real droidbox. The box itself says android on the front and T8 Plus on the top (not t8-s plus and not droidbox) and the OTA update doesn't even work "over the air"....you have to do a local update with an SD card....

I bought from a reseller that was referred to me by a friend.....bit of a mistake!!! Thanks again for your help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@toronto070 If the box was advertised as a DroidBOX, would you be able to PM or e-mail me a link for it? If they're using a name with "Droid" in it, and not representing themselves as us, no issue, but if someone is attempting to cash in on our reputation, we'll need to check it out.

If you don't want to pass it on, no harm done, hopefully you've no issue with me having requested :)

toronto070

Jun 6, 2016
Hi Silently Screaming, I don't mind at all you asking. The box isn't market or packaged in a way to suggest it's a droidbox - just an inferior version of the T8-S Plus / wish I had done more research before purchasing.