Status
Not open for further replies.

peteramone

Feb 19, 2016
After update everything ok. Went to openelec and then back and I have a frozen screen.

Attachments

• 1458509296301-1225964038.jpg
    1458509296301-1225964038.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 167

davedd

Sep 23, 2014
I have same picture and frozen screen. Box failed to reboot after powering off for the 1st time after initial reboot following ota update. I used box after update for over 5 hours before powering off with no obvious problems. Is factory reboot only option?
Dave

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
davedd if you used your box for hours after the update it sounds like it's the DroidBOX Play Market, did you start that up after the update?

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
After update everything ok. Went to openelec and then back and I have a frozen screen.
Please factory reset the device and remove the DroidBOX Play Market afterwards... We have pushed new OTA update without DBX Play Market Preinstalled unless we find the bug causing this failure.

Scott73holmes

Mar 27, 2016
Hello,
Sorry about an issue.
Follow the below video to factory reset your Box and that shall resolve an issue:
I have just had the same issue appear on my box but when i try to press the reset button nothing happens so now it appears that i have useless box what do i need to do now?

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
I have just had the same issue appear on my box but when i try to press the reset button nothing happens so now it appears that i have useless box what do i need to do now?
Let's try to follow instructions once again.
Turn off T8-S Plus
Press the Reset button(you should hear a tick once pressed) and hold
Press power button (Reset should be still pressed)
Release Resett button once device starts(you shoukd get logo on screen)

davedd

Sep 23, 2014
davedd if you used your box for hours after the update it sounds like it's the DroidBOX Play Market, did you start that up after the update?
Don't use playmarket at all. I do now have problem after reset with time date not updating

MarkLloyd

Apr 21, 2016
Now factory reset several times and have the same issue. Spent more time fixing this thing than watching it :-(

Attachments

• IMG_2889.PNG
    IMG_2889.PNG
    529.8 KB · Views: 146

cabbeee

Nov 14, 2015
My t8-s will not boot after i updated it. I have factory reset it but it will still not boot up. It just sits there with boot on the LED screen and nothing on the tv. Great stuff. DON'T UPDATE

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I understand your frustration. But please don't post in multiple places. It will just confuse replies. Suggest you contact droidbox support direct for help. Or use live chat on monday. Let them know which version of the t8-s/plus firmware you are trying to apply. (i think latest was 1.0.4).

cabbeee

Nov 14, 2015
My t8-s will not boot after i updated it. I have factory reset it but it will still not boot up. It just sits there with boot on the LED screen and nothing on the tv. Great stuff. DON'T UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.