oszie

Mar 21, 2015
hello dont no if anyone can help i have a new m8 box and have had to do factory reset as it crashed and then wouldnt load anything so followed youtube to reset it that didnt
Work and wouldnt
Restart so did the manual reset as per youtube and now when power lead is inserted get the gold flowing globe and then screen goes blank and nothing. Can anyone help or is it dead ive only had it 3 weeks. Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure on this, try again this time leave it for a while and see if anything happens, sometime these boxes can take a while loading back up. So maybe see if this works, but if not might have to the live chat on the main site and have someone go through this with you. It's in the bottom corner the message box, there are also some handy tips on there to about half way down, under Blogs and how to. Good luck

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I no when I did a reboot I needed a tooth pick and I unplug the power while I pushed in the reset button with the tooth pick as I plugged the power back in. This brought a menu on the side, I cleared cache and then rebooted and waited for it to load back up. It's been fine since, I have the imx6 MCE and a T8 both run great apart from the odd little niggle every now and then. Good luck and I hope this helps you or points you in the right direction.

oszie

Mar 21, 2015
Ive done that and tried it again and still get the globe follwed by a black screen ive left the m8 on now see if it is in a setup and just needs time but its only 3weeks old and money down the drain looking at it

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Live chat is good. You need to be patient but they will sort you out even if its only 3 weeks old. These boxes can be very frustrating at times and the best thing to do is leave and get help. This forum has some helpful threads you can read. Hope you get sorted and wish you the best of luck

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Did you buy your m8 from droidbox?
How did miracast get on your box in the first place?
Youve not explained what it is or what it does so i cannot really help other than maybe suggest trying a factory reset
Maybe others here have better ideas.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Miracast is Android screen mirroring, if you have an Android phone most have it pre installed, mines under cast on the phones scroll down from top. If you have an Android phone check if you have a cast app, that may give you a pairing code...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nigelar

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
There's no reason that you should get anything about miracast when you reset your box.

Is this a droidbox from droidbox.co.uk? Mine is and I've done a lot of resets (because of my fiddling not the fault of the machine) and have only experienced the black screen fail on the openelec side but a repeat reset fixed that. Never miracast