Tally

Oct 6, 2017
Couple of questions :
1) does libreElec update OTA?
2) How often does it update? Currently on kodi 17.3

TIA

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If there is a new version of librelec and it has been tested by droidbox then it will be released by ota.
As far as I know droidbox have not yet released librelec 17.4 - it is still in beta testing with the librelec team so not even released formally yet.
So the process is:
1. Librelec team develop and release a new version
2. Droidbox receive new release and test on droidboxes to ensure it is compliant. Sometimes users may be asked to help out with this testing.
3. If all good, new version of librelec released via ota

Tally

Oct 6, 2017
If there is a new version of librelec and it has been tested by droidbox then it will be released by ota.
As far as I know droidbox have not yet released librelec 17.4 - it is still in beta testing with the librelec team so not even released formally yet.
So the process is:
1. Librelec team develop and release a new version
2. Droidbox receive new release and test on droidboxes to ensure it is compliant. Sometimes users may be asked to help out with this testing.
3. If all good, new version of librelec released via ota

Thanks that's great to know!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Couple of questions :
1) does libreElec update OTA?
2) How often does it update? Currently on kodi 17.3

TIA
Hi

Through OTA updater app both Android and LibreELEC can be updated(depending on the release notes).
When it comes to BETA updates or Firmware releases in rollback/recovery purposes or update they are usually provided on our forum categorized per device.When applying BETA update please take a note to read release notes and to use the one provided for the device that you have,because if firmware for another device used it can break your box.

Regards

Tally

Oct 6, 2017
Hi

Through OTA updater app both Android and LibreELEC can be updated(depending on the release notes).
When it comes to BETA updates or Firmware releases in rollback/recovery purposes or update they are usually provided on our forum categorized per device.When applying BETA update please take a note to read release notes and to use the one provided for the device that you have,because if firmware for another device used it can break your box.

Regards
How do i check which firmware i have installed ?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
How do i check which firmware i have installed ?
Hi

On android you can go to 6 dots icon on the homescreen(which leads to app list)scroll down and enter in OTA updater app.Once in there you can see your firmware info under build version number.

Regards

Tally

Oct 6, 2017
Hi

On android you can go to 6 dots icon on the homescreen(which leads to app list)scroll down and enter in OTA updater app.Once in there you can see your firmware info under build version number.

Regards
Thanks