Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I have tried to download the latest update for my box THANKS to Nigeler for letting me know it is available. Problem I am having is it won't go past about 30% and then the download fails.

I have tried both on Wireless, and also Ethernet but no use. I have even tried at several times of the day just in case the server was busy, oh, and I have even wiped everything just in case my system didn't have enough space.

Current Build: T8SE Nougat 20171120 version V8.20
Model T8SE Version 7.1.2

Can anyone help please as it doesn't seem to want to download for me...……...am I doing something wrong, or is anyone else having similar problems...…

Thanks you lot! really appreciate any help...…..Ray(Str)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Another user on the forum @Jim A was reporting failures at 50% (this was on 3 august). I told him to keep trying. He hasn't come back so i assume he eventually got the download.
Droidbox - @Dave C - can advise if there are any known problems with the server.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Your up late...Thanks pal!
I'll take a look....bloody annoying but hopefully I'll get it sorted.....…..
Thanks for the reply mate!
Ray(str)

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Much obliged - Thanks Dave...….

I have tried to download the link onto my pc so that I can make the upgrade from an SD card but for some reason it says that EDGE can't download the file because of it's size.
Instead, I get a splash screen to install and use MEGA DESKTOP CLIENT, which seems to be part of Droidbox, AND A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. It seems really odd, because I have
never had a problem downloading big files before.

Does anyone know what this is, or can the good peeps at DB confirm that it is Ok to install this???

Cheers guys,
Ray(str

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Panic over! All sorted...yeh! For the benefit of others, I would like to share my findings. I tried to do the update both on wireless and also direct with an Ethernet cable. Both FAILED at about 30%.

I then got to thinking...is this because I was connecting through a TP Link extender? So I removed the box and connected it straight into my modem, and hey Presto...it worked.....

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Ray (str)

Reactions: ChrisM

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Thanks for the update. I am not sure if using an extender should matter or not but we will keep that in mind for any similar issues. Thanks.

Tina Newman

Dec 20, 2015
Had a similar problem. Ota update never gets past 52%. Have tried numerous times at various times of day and it keeps failing. In the end I managed to update using a sdcard.

Jim A

Sep 17, 2017
How does one know if the backup got installed or not installed I think I got it but then I did backup instead of factory restart if I factory restart will I get the update or do I have to start all over again seems like when I asked to restore my data the Box freezes up thank you for your help Miss Tina but I finally got it over the internet now I'm wondering what I did wrong or is it indeed installed does the notification of the update disappear when it's completed

Jim A

Sep 17, 2017
Apparently not when I reboot my machine is still telling me that the update for my device is to be downloaded back to the drawing board as far as using the SD card I haven't a clue what you were talking about but I'm glad you got it anyway thanks to all of you for your input

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Apparently not when I reboot my machine is still telling me that the update for my device is to be downloaded back to the drawing board as far as using the SD card I haven't a clue what you were talking about but I'm glad you got it anyway thanks to all of you for your input

Please try clearing the data for the OTA App. There is a video guide at
which will show you how, locate the OTA app instead of Kodi as shown in the example. This should reset the notification that an update is available when there is not as you had updated via SD Card instead.

Reactions: ChrisM

free2saute

Aug 13, 2018
Just got my box here in the USA and update was flawless no issues thanks for the info posted here>