Jennifer Young

Mar 2, 2016
I installed kodi 16 on my Mxq box. When I go to reinstall my add ons in the system section under file manager when I click on add source the screen keyboard won't appear to let me type things in. The mouse works and the add source turns yellow but nothing else. How do I fix it?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Also if you are on a modded skin and the fix didn't work, go to system, appearance and then skins. Click here and change it to Confluence and save, now go and use the keyboard. If you want to change back to the way it was just repeat and change it back.

Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: Sal and ChrisM

1treefort

Mar 20, 2016
Also if you are on a modded skin and the fix didn't work, go to system, appearance and then skins. Click here and change it to Confluence and save, now go and use the keyboard. If you want to change back to the way it was just repeat and change it back.

Good luck and enjoy.
So having same issue. I tried to update to Jarvis, would not load so uninstalled and started over. I have no Xunity maintenance to click on. And already set to confluence. Basically don't know what I'm doing.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you viewed the video dave savage posted above?
If you have run the wookie wizard you will find xunity maintenance under programs.

1treefort

Mar 20, 2016
It's not that keyboard is blank it just is not there. Sorry for my total lack of smarts, but where does one find a rookie wizard? Thanks for the reply.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It should be installed on your droidbox under programs. You can run it from there - assuming you have dbmc kodi installed - the default kodi on droidboxes.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Just realised if your keyboard is blank you may not be able to do this...doh.

Still try it and report back.

1treefort

Mar 20, 2016
There is nothing under add source in file manager, system. It turns yellow when clicked but that's all that happens.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If you can't get a keyboard anywhere on your box, take a look at this video to enable it.

1treefort

Mar 20, 2016
I do have keyboard for browser and such. Just not Jodi file manager. Thanks for input Angela. Appreciate it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think from a post earlier today he has already tried that qaisir.

What droidbox do you have 1treetop? You may want to uninstall and reinstall kodi.

Reactions: Qaisir

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
@1treefort if you have already tried changing skin to basic confluence and Xunity maintenance then try to uninstall Kodi and then reinstall Kodi from Google Play Store and see if that resolves an issue.

Reactions: ChrisM