SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Recently all of my apps started having errors, then recently lots of problems getting anything to connect to the servers

Then 2 days ago a notification came up when kodi booted, it talked about http changes etc and only working in kodi 17

My mxq pro box won't accept kodi 17 I can't update android everything failed it always comes up incompatible

Anyone else have this problem? The solution is complicated but can be done, i used a sd card,

Went to a site that had different kodi versions, I wasn't sure what version world work so I just downloaded the ones below the current one

Plus there are lots of different types of it. I then went to the box and put it in, the boxes have a generic file browser that works better than the fancy ones in my opinion

I started opening the download kodi 17 files, after finally finding one that installed i tried opening it

Now is where the battle begins, I had to download the droidbox control center even though this isn't a droidbox

I then tried opening kodi it tries to load then back to the android screen 3 or 4 times
Keep trying it finally opened ok we're done right?

Nope it only works a few loads then droidbox center fix kodi then fight at least 2 tries every time sometimes even getting the kodi screen yea im in lets go to the addons nope back to android again

It's a pain and a battle but it seems like they have forced us all to upgrade to kodi 17
I found out that it was just a skin that made 17 that horrible menu system I have never screwed with the skins so for the longest time i have hated 17

I love the simple easy default 16 skin add your own background and it's great i hate over complicated or fancy bs just run that's all I care about and is it easy enough that the wife or customers are not going to be all over me with problems that's why I hated everything above win xp complicated and unstable

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You do not have to update right now. It is misinformation. At some point maybe in 12 months time there will be need.
Until then everything major srill works.
You will need minimum android 5 to update to kodi 17.

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
For some reason this junk box like me and you discussed in the other posts don't like kodi 17. Im not sure why it has android 5 something haven't looked at it recently last week i went to the about and tried to update but there's no updates

And yes kodi 16 works but salts and more were crashed and more and more problems connecting to sources

After i forced 17 tons of sources good playback etc all addons work and to much more to list like windows it seems kodi is being a pain and forcing you to constantly upgrade, I understand stability security etc of constant changes but still a pain

Sent from my GT-P5113 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
@Nigelar is there anything other than real debrid to use? I have tried and tried to get in contact with them and i can't, they don't take PayPal or AME credit cards and I am not going to use bit coins or other crap I trust what I have they have no phone number no Facebook nothing the stupid email just goes unanswered I want to move up to the better quality

It's funny me and my wife cut cable TV to save money, you tube bragged about free free but nothing is ever free money for local channels money for accounts

BUT is it worth it yes tons of stuff to watch more than cable or anywhere else

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I am only aware of real debrid which is the recommendation on most sites. There may be others. I have been using for 2 weeks on a 6 month subscription and it looks good.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
@Nigelar is there anything other than real debrid to use? I have tried and tried to get in contact with them and i can't, they don't take PayPal or AME credit cards and I am not going to use bit coins or other crap I trust what I have they have no phone number no Facebook nothing the stupid email just goes unanswered I want to move up to the better quality

It's funny me and my wife cut cable TV to save money, you tube bragged about free free but nothing is ever free money for local channels money for accounts

BUT is it worth it yes tons of stuff to watch more than cable or anywhere else

You can try all debrid . Just set up account and works on exodus as I'm having issues adding real debrid to exodus settings.

KBL007

Apr 8, 2017
Search for the Kodi fork... FTMC. It's brill for sub 5.0 Android boxes and updates your box to work with HTML5 and it's uses.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I have a real debrid account but can't enter my login to the kodi URLRESOLVER keeps freezing my box up so opted for all debrid it's no where near as good . Exodus has lost my log in to real debrid