cynic4life

Feb 18, 2016
Good evening to all,

I hope everyone is well and can guide me with my problem.

I recently bought an m8 box, installed with munster gadgets set-up, ( all working fine etc), but the support is very slow and i wish to install a rom emulator onto the spartan build. I have read and seen videos about rom collection add-on, but none specifically involving setting up onto this box via a usb stick. Here is what i have done so far.

Grabbed an emulator and zips and placed them onto usb stick, attached stick to box and is showing via system file manager.

Searched rom collector add on and installed.

Hit a brick wall.

Every guide or video is for a laptop of nexus etc and i just cannot work out how to match up the add-on to read my stick files?

I understand that this has most likely been covered already in the forum, so my apologies and also a request for a link if possible. If not, please help.

Thank you.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I dont work for droidbox but i suspect the official response would be that anyone who tinkers with one of their boxes with non official firmware updates does so at their own risk. What is munster gadgets set up? What is a spartan build?
Maybe someone else here can help.

cynic4life

Feb 18, 2016
I see. New to all this and don't wish to step on toes.

Bought box from munster gadgets, but there response is painfully slow, so just joined what looks like a knowledgable forum and have joined for official help.

hope somebody can. Spartan is just a kodi build/skin i believe. The point is that i have seen guides for this installing via laptops, but none for boxes, that's all.

If i have stepped on toes, i will close thread.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No, people here will try and answer generic questions. But your problem seemed so machine specific that referring back to the supplier seemed the best option. Hopefully they will have as good a support community as the droidbox one, an advantage of buying from droidbox.
Good luck and maybe someone else here can help you with your issue.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@cynic4life
Presumably using this add-on involves going to the Settings for it at some point.
Highlight the add-on but DON'T click OK or otherwise actually click on it.
Click the MENU button on your remote control. If there isn't one, but you have a QWERTY keyboard, the C button (between X and V that is) also works.
Click add-on settings
Look around the various tabs for configuration. You're looking for an area that defines which paths should be used for the add-on.
The exact path can vary from one model or even firmware to another, however, try something like:

Root System
storage
usb_storage
sda1

or

Root System
mnt

Please note those are invented examples, you'll need to click around a little probably.
Once you've found the right path (you can create a folder called ZEBRA or somethign equally obvious on the USB device so you can quickly tell if you're looking at the right area in Kodi), click enough OK/Done buttons to make it all go away. Close down Kodi properly (find an Exit/Power button in Kodi) and re-open it.
Cross your fingers.
Don't hold your breath, Kodi can take a while to open sometimes, you'll need oxygen for playing the games!

Reactions: thegazsheard