Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I've noticed that when I duel boot into OpenELEC, the LED time is an hr slow.

All internal local time settings are correct in OpenELEC @ Kodi settings, and when I reboot into android, it rectified it self. Only to change back when I reboot into OpenELEC.

This is happening on both T8-S boxes I own.

Not really a problem, but a niggle to look at.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
One solution that might work is to go into openelec kodi system appearance international and see if you can set the bst timezone there.

There are other solutions one of which involves defining ntp servers in openelec network settings. You could try that if the first solution fails. I have never tried it so you will need to google instructions.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
The settings are correct in OpenELEC. The displayed time within the OpenELEC Kodi environment is correct, that's the strange thing! Only the led is wrong!

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Found the solution. Needed to boot into andriod, go into system settings and turn off "Use Network Time" in Date and Time.

Once rerbooted back into OpeLEC the time was correct.

Reactions: David Savage

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
The above solution is no good, as when the unit powers down it looses the time settings and reverts to 1St. Jan 1970?

Had to re-enable Automatic Date and Time. Ok in android but still 1 hr out in OpenELEC. I suppose it will be ok when the clocks go back in October B-)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Keep automatic date/time turned on.
If a T8-S (rather than the T8-S Plus) head to Settings>"Other" tab>More Settings>Time & Date
If it happens to be a T8-S Plus, Settings>More Settings (2nd row on the end I think>Date & Time (NOT the entry on the first Settings menu, need to go to More Settings first)

Not got mine to hand right now, but have a look round for a timezone reference. As Nigelar mentioned, make sure it isn't set to GMT +0 . London or BST should work fine, if available. Hopefully this should give you the correct time internally and on the LCD, in both Android & OpenELEC.