patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Does anyone know how to stop my DroidBOX from booting into LibreElec? I ran a theme update that didn't install properly. Now when I switch the DroidBOX on it still automatically boots to LibreElec. But the theme hasn't installed properly so there's no option to boot back into Android. Is there a way to prevent the box from booting into LibreElec when I switch it on? Also, how do I install a fresh Kodi on LibreElec so that I can get rif of the damaged theme?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
If you go to settings you will see Appearance option. Click on this and you will be able to change the theme back to the original one. You could also do a factory reset to have a fresh install. To carry out a factory reset, please watch the video at
. In all cases, the first time the device boots up following the data wipe, please do not turn the device off again for at least 15 minutes.

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks for getting back to me Dave. The settings option sounds like it could work except as soon as I switch the box on, it starts to boot into LibreElec. Once its booted, it loads the half installed theme. From there, there's no categories or sections. Just the theme's front page. Any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like you need to do a factory reset then, which will wipe all existing setup. Then set up things again, avoiding the theme/build that caused a problem. Bare in mind that some build developers may not have fully tested their builds out under a librelec version of kodi.

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Rats. Suspect you're right guys.Was hoping to avoid a factory reset but looks like I might have to bite the bullet. Appreciate the help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@patrickyoung If you haven't already gone down that route...

Boot into LibreELEC, don't worry about the interface
On a PC, open up Windows Explorer (hold down the Windows flag on your keyboard and tap the E key).
In the address bar, enter \\libreelec and press the Return key on your PC's keyboard
(that is two BACKslashes at the start)

Navigate to the /storage/.kodi/userdata/ folder (it will be something like that, you may not need to click on a storage folder first) and rename the guisettings.xml file to something else
Remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device, count to 5 and reattach it.
Now turn on, and you should find LibreELEC is now using the default Estuary skin instead.