Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I notice in the droidbox main web page there is a link to a Droidbox media centre version of kodi (14.2) for t8 users. I can't find any installation instructions though. Does this install over the top of our existing version (in my case gotham 13.2) or do we need to uninstall the old version? If it installs on top do we still have access to all our installed add-ons and the droidbox wizard?

Many thanks for any help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks angela. Am i right in assuming this is an official droidbox upgrade?
Be good for users if the youtube link was with the blog post

Reactions: angela

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I went ahead and did the kodi 14.2 update from the droidbox media centre link.
Some observations:
- the YouTube video by droidboxer which angela pointed me to was useful (this needs embedding in the blog page to help users)
- from this I learnt that I needed to uninstall my current version of XBMC
- this meant all my settings and configurations would be lost and would need resetting
- the download and install went well
- to my surprise the droidbox wizard was present in the new set up. I wasn't expecting this as I thought the kodi update would be a vanilla kodi upgrade and was preparing for a manual set up. I installed the beta addon pack to see how it panned out.
- addons installed successfully and I noticed some changes compared to the last March wizard version (e.g mash up gone)
- installed a couple of additional repos and addons that I like (stream all the sources, sportsdevil and zeus)
- for fun I tried out the confluence modded skin. This is very complex but highly configurable. Will take me some time to set up as a I like. Can always switch to the basic confluence skin if it gets to difficult
- so far so good and all working well

Thanks droidbox

Reactions: angela

angela

Mar 3, 2015
I have downloaded it as well, all working fine for me.A link to the video is also on the Droidboxer twitter page. Yes Thanks Droidbox

Last edited:
Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok silently screaming. Things have moved on since then and i'm running isengaard 15.1 and "the wookie"!

Reactions: ChrisM