Status err0r

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I've had a xt8 box for awhile now and it was alright when I got it. I had a few builds on it and ran titanium for ages as it was a good build until I noticed that soooo much stopped working, freezing, streams not working, kicking my out mid film and I thought it was the build that was the issue so I've tried a few builds over the last few days and currently have the hard nox build... seems better but still poor and slow!

Now is this my box or kodi just sucks now?

Wondering if to get this droidbox t8-se and all will be good or it'll be a waste and I'll be where I am now just with a new box and £80 short

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
All your problems are kodi related and not box related pal, lawsuits and threats of lawsuits have closed some major addons/ repositories down. Lots of new addons/ repos appearing in kodi of late and is slowly getting up a head of steam. You being kicked out of movies etc is url resolver related, Builds tbat are not being updated regular do tend to ĺose addons/ repos because of the url changes etc. Add h**p://wookiespmc.com/wiz **=tt and wipe your current install from within the tools menu in wookie and reboot your box. Add the same repo again and open 'community builds' in there, I have 3 working builds sean's krypton, 16.1 and movies only krypton.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There is nothing wrong with Kodi in itself.
There are many reasons why you are getting poor performance and it is difficult to be specific without doing further investigation.
Possible reasons include:
- a poor WiFi connection. Do some speed tests to measure. If possible, use an Ethernet connection
- some but not all Kodi add-ons have ceased operations recently due to pressure from copyright groups. If builds have not kept pace with the changes then you could get more failures. You could move away from builds and use a small selection of individual addons, easily maintained. The bestforkodi and koditips websites are good for lists of what is current and working.
- your box could of course have some hardware failures. Test android apps like YouTube. If they are working ok, then the box is likely ok.

Status err0r

Dec 11, 2017
My internets not amazing but I get about 16mg and it's hardwired. Even opening shows and streams can be slow now or it's up there what I want to watch and says no stream, lots of freezing or buffering. I watch the new IT the other week as an example, it would play then freeze after 5/10min buff or I'd have to rewind and play or I'd have to stop the stream and reopen or episodes of tv shows not having the right episodes.
I remember earlier this year I mostly used exodus as it played every show or film and if one link didn't play it'll have like 50 more to try.

I also wonder if the t8se would be fast going through kodi... we open my kodi to watch something at dinner and we've well and truly eaten dinner before anything works lol

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well if your internet connection is good (≥= 6-8mbps) AND the movie/show hosting site is not being hit hard (a common cause of buffering and slow performance) then the t8se will be plenty fast enough. But in itself, the most powerful machine in the world will not solve host server contention.
You might want to consider a Real Debrid premium streaming subscription. Research it and decide if it is for you. (I have one btw)

Status err0r

Dec 11, 2017
Well I'll have to try and find what's best to run on a box but I have just had a droidbox t8-se delivered as at least I can get help if anything on the box needs fixing instead of a Chinese box with no contact or help from the seller.
Will set it up in a bit unsure if to run a build or add ons. (Not sure how to add single add ons)

Status err0r

Dec 11, 2017
Am I doing something wrong here???? I've installed no limits build on libreelec kodi and omg is it slow! I mean slow as in opening a addon or searching. Searched fast n loud waited a good time till the episodes come up then chose one and it said no stream so hit the back button to try a different addon and just a spinning circle for a minute till it went back
My old box wasn't great but loaded Really fast compared to this. I don't know if I need to doing anything with the settings?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Open an android Kodi session.
Go to the bestforkodi website and follow instructions there to install a single, new add-on.
Try it out and report on progress.

Status err0r

Dec 11, 2017
What addon? Loads of movies still don't play. I don't know also if these builds being popular suck all the streams

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Anyone add-on you fancy. Just select one that does movies and/or TV.
Add-ons are just giant search engines. If loads of movies don't play, it suggests the links have been taken down. It takes a little longer for the indexes to update.
Have you run a speedtest on the box itself e.g. the ookla speed test app?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Another thing to consider is if you install a build, the next time you open Kodi, leave it alone for 5-10 minutes (just this first time). If add-ons need to be updated (if a build was updated 3 weeks ago, then any add-ons that have been updated since will need to be processed), the Kodi interface can be slow to react until it completes all updates.