angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try the fix that worked for Exodus.

Open Covenant scroll down to Tools, then select ( Clear Cache and Clear Providers) to see if that works for you.

Reactions: AlisonJ

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks. That did something as I now have more than one version of each episode, yesterday there was only one (apologises if I'm using incorrect terminology, I'm a rookie) and they now working but I have sound but no picture?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You can try turning off (Allow Hardware Acceleration-Mediacodec's settings) then reboot kodi to see if that helps.
System > Player-settings.
upload_2017-7-24_22-8-55.png

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
Looks like all I needed to do is turn it off as today the picture is back! Clearing the cache did it, I can now watch tv shows yay! Thanks Angela

Reactions: ChrisM and angela

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
Looks like I spoke to soon, I watched one episode. :(
Today in covenant if I go to tv shows or movies I get to the lists where you choose by year or genre etc but no further. Can't get to the pages with the thumbnails. Tried re-starting. Any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may want to try an uninstall/ reinstall as my version (which is now 1.1.4) does show the thumbnails correctly

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
Don't think I'm cut out for one of these boxes. Messing about last night and was in libreelec?? Turned box on today rebooted to android and thumbnails have re-appeared in covenant but still can't watch anything again.
Tried to continue watching episode I started watching the other night and it's now saying it wants authorisation to pair???
I've had this box months now and spent more time messing with it than watching anything :(

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Pairing is a well accepted thing for kodi viewing with streams from certain hosts. Set up a bookmark on your mobile for the pairing site then just enter the code.
If you were able to watch it without pairing the other night you probably picked it from a different host.
Its all a learning experience btw - all of us have been through that.
Part of it is the entry price for free viewing vs sly or notflux subscriptions.

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
Sorry but I'm back.
I tried the pairing on my mobile, clicked activate streaming got a message to say "Happy streaming IP address xxxx has been authenticated for 4 hours" but nothing happens.
I'm obviously doing something wrong or missing a step in the process. How do I check they are both using same IP address?

AlisonJ

Jul 23, 2017
It's working! Didn't do anything any different to earlier but it worked this time, even resuming the episode, from when I stopped watching the other night. Feel like staying up all night to finish the series :)
Thanks for your help, no doubt I'll be back soon!

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Covenent kept crashing while I watching movies so I decided to redo Kodi and everything. Now I went to add Ares Wizard and the Ares Repo will not connect. Is Ares down?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you using the correct web address - hxxp://ares-repo.eu (replace xx with tt)?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You said you reset kodi and everything, If everything means you factory reset you box and you ISP is BT you might have to turn your smart set-up off again.

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Hi, You said you reset kodi and everything, If everything means you factory reset you box and you ISP is BT you might have to turn your smart set-up off again.

Ok this is kind of a long story. I still had the 17.3 with the tvaddons logo on it and was just using a very few addons on my box. Well for some reason when I was watching movies on Covenant it would work for like 10 minutes then crash Kodi. So I decided to do a fresh install of Kodi and then use Ares wizard to get my addons again. Well I uninstalled Kodi and installed it back and went to put in Ares. I forgot to check the box to allow third party addons and Ares said it wouldn't connect. So I went and checked the box and then typed the Ares info and it said again it couldn't connect... so I got frustrated an uninstalled Kodi again and installed it back. I made sure this time to check the box to use third party addons. once AGAIN Ares wouldn't connect.

Sooooo I was pissed and did a factory reset of my box, installed a new version of Kodi, and then I used your address and Ares loaded. I loaded a few addons... but guess what? I go to add Seans build and I get an error of 504 or something like that.

So..... it's time to take a hammer to my box. :)

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
And if you JUST download Covenant from Ares and not as part of Sean's build, it doesn't work even if you update it. WTF???"?L:<LREHR<L:TR:N<LARTN:<ATR<