twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

Me again. Sorted issues out but a new one has started. I installed the actual Kodi on my box and started working to personalise it when I noticed that it keeps going back to the homepage of its own accord. When it does this any work I have done is lost and it reverts back to a saved settings version of kodi that was from I started to personalise it.

E.g. I have just opened it, scrolled across and screen goes black then I am back at the home page. Not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?

Regards

twa96

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
I did that and forced closed Kodi. Started again from scratch and it has just happened again. The box froze, admittedly I shut down from the remote control and when I went back I have lost all the addons and menu's that I had spent time adding this evening.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Did you upgrade from that droid player Mxq box (I notice you are posting in the t8 s plus section of the forum)? If not, have you had any support from droid player since you seem to have had a number of issues with it? I would certainly consider talking to them given this latest issue.
If you have bought a Droidbox t8s plus I would say the behaviour you mention is certainly unusual given the larger memory. Is it possible you have more than one version of Kodi installed and you are opening another version? It certainly sounds like a memory problem and I would focus on cleaning up the box, removing all temp files, unwanted media files etc. Ensure you exit Kodi correctly by using the exit button.

Last edited:

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
It is a new Driod Box which is t8s plus.

I deleted the dried box based on kodi and installed the actual kodi but I still have the openelec version. Not sure whether to delete that as well and just have kodi?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You won't be able to delete the openelec version, openelec is effectively Kodi.
Go with the version of Kodi you have - I assume it is Kodi 16 (Jarvis) from google play or the official Kodi site?
How are you installing your Addons?
Via a wizard or build?
Or manually?
On first set up I think a lot of people experience some crashes to the home screen but find things stabilise quickly.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
it is jarvis. I am installing manually as I am not a fan of wizards or someone else's builds. Just discovered some brand new skins on the get more tab in skins so will test them out to see if it was the skin I was using.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try DBMC 16.3.0 on your box to see if it is more stable, if it needs updating to 16.3.0 go to the Droidbox Market on your box to update it. DBMC is a fork of SPMC designed for android.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Given the issues you've had I would certainly stick with the standard confluence skin. I've never used anything else.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Tv - Thanks for your advice. I had deleted previous one as I didn't want to have more than one kodi as such but will try.

Nigelar - I like confluence but irritated by the fact I cannot add any submenu's or change the one already there. Maybe that will change with the new kryptonite coming out soon.

Thanks everyone for your help.