ali252

Sep 25, 2015
I have a Droidbox T8-S Plus V2. Sometimes while watching shows on BBC iPlayer or ITV Player the screen goes black but the sound remains. The only way to get the picture back is to reboot the box. Any ideas how to fix this please?

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So if you return to the home screen, say, does the screen remain black?

ali252

Sep 25, 2015
No, but when I try and go back to the show it is still a black screen. The only way to get it back is to reboot. Thanks for the reply.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It might be easier to force stop the app rather than go through the rigmarole of rebooting.
Settings - apps - pick the misbehaving app - force stop.

Also see if the "back" on screen button helps.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have a Droidbox T8-S Plus V2. Sometimes while watching shows on BBC iPlayer or ITV Player the screen goes black but the sound remains. The only way to get the picture back is to reboot the box. Any ideas how to fix this please?
Hi

Can you give us more information about which install do you have?

There is non official repo for BBC iPlayer up to v16 while on v17 there is official repo included.Besides official repo in Kodi v17 there is still non official release available and a fix for existing official release for Kodi v17.1 .

Regards

ali252

Sep 25, 2015
Hi BitDev. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am away from home until Wednesday evening next week so will have a look when I get back. Thanks again for your input.