doo

Mar 24, 2016
Hi all,

I am currently running Exodus with Kodi 16. I have found that whenever I try to stream a "HD" or "1080" file, the audio is constantly out of sync and the video is "stuttering". I thought it might have been the provider themselves but it happens to all providers.

I have read the work around with syncing audio with the volume etc but each video seems to be out of sync at different rates and hence can't possibly be doing this for EVERY video.

I have also tried to disable the play back accelerator but to no avail.

Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks in advance.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you run a speedtest and post the results? I'm assuming you are using wifi. If so, next suggestion would be use an ethernet cable. But lets see if a poor wifi signal is the cause first before fiddling with settings etc

doo

Mar 24, 2016
hi thanks for getting back to me. speed is horrible where i am. i am only getting around 8mbps. HOWEVER, i have never had any issues before running things from phoenix and icefilms in HD. So just surprised if it's a speed issue, why now?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So what has changed? Just the installation of 16? I dont think that would have been the cause. Is the 8mnps you quote from a speed test you've just run? Need to see the numbers.

doo

Mar 24, 2016
What changed was I went on holidays, came home to find the box not working and hence reinstalled the latest kodi. I also downgraded back to an older version of kodi I was running before but to no avail. My usage of Exodus is also new. Have always only used Phoenix Rockcrusher but that ended. Yes thats the speed i just ran. Thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It could be just bad luck of course and although you are using different addons the source files are hosted on the same servers. Maybe try some different films and other addons like velocity, watch 1080p, salts or spectro?

doo

Mar 24, 2016
Yeah I have tried that but no luck hence was starting to think it was related to my settings somewhat. Oh well. Thanks for your help.