skewey

Jan 1, 2015
Recently bought a T8 box but xmbc keeps crashing after I run new wizard from droid site
. ? Any help am a novice ...?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It may be that the skin is causing XBMC to crash. This seems to effect people at random.
I'd recommend removing XBMC's data, re-run the Wizard and then switch the traditional Confluence skin, not the Customizable Mod version.

1) http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/
2) Run the Wizard, when you get a message about the process completing, click OK and remove your device's power lead. Reattach it and turn your device on, open XBMC, keep opening over and over if it still crashes, it should eventually get in.
3) Once in XBMC, System>Appearance>Skin>Confluence>Yes, you're certain.

skewey

Jan 1, 2015
Help again can I attach a hard drive to USB on the T8 what size and what format ... ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
NTFS should be fine, though on older (non-DroidBOX) Android devices I had to use a utlility for non-FAT/FAT32 partitions.
If you can choose (and don't have files over 4Gb) then FAT32 partitions will be easiest.
Regarding the size, I've heard a limit of 2Tb being mentioned previously. If your drive is bigger than that, you could try first splitting it into two partitions on your PC.
If you have problems and your drive has a mini USB socket, see if you can find a mini USB to 2X USB plug cable somewhere in your home (some portable DVD writers also use it). If you can't find one, a mains-powered USB hub should help provide enough power to the drive.