Anton Quinn

Sep 18, 2014
Hi uninstalled xbmc on my m8 box after following video on the forum but can't find pre installed apps in file manager hd to re-install it. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated thanks

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
I have no idea about this box, but with all others you could do a factory reset to fix almost any problem, check out how to do a factory reset, or better still wait until one of the admins gets online, they'll know what to do, but do check out the FAQ or other post in the meantime, mat

Anton Quinn

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks mate tried the factory reset but no joy. Ended up downloading xbmc after a google search and am currently installing the droidbox wizard so hopefully it works

Anton Quinn

Sep 18, 2014
Hi the factory reset completely wiped my box don't have any apps on it now and the xbmc wouldn't stream any videos after I downloaded it and added the wizard. Tried resetting again but still the same outcome

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
After a factory reset, you need to wait (as in not open anything, and definitely not restart your device) for around 20 minutes (once you reach the launcher's homescreen), for the applications to be automatically reinstalled.
If you try that again, and still nothing helps, can I double check that you've opened ES File Explorer. If that isn't in your list of installed apps, sign into the Play Store - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ - search for and then install ES File Explorer. Then you clicked on the /Device link on the left of the ES File Explorer screen, then navigated to /system/preinstall ?
If that doesn't help, please send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and ask us to send you the applications currently missing from your device.

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi, go to all apps and watch them pop up one at a time, XBMC is one of the last to pop up on mine, takes a while, sorry I should of mentioned this in the first post, my bad mate, good luck with the reset. mat. (all apps the little round thing on your front page, bottom centre, but you probably already know this :))

Anton Quinn

Sep 18, 2014
No probs mat tried resetting again and left for an hour before touching anything. Still nothing just a few basics apps like Twitter, Facebook + YouTube nothing else popping up. Downloaded ES File Explorer clicked on the /Device link on the left of the ES File Explorer screen, then navigated to /system/ but was no pre install link. I'll send an email to the link u sent me thanks

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Anton, hope you get it sorted, by the way it's not me you should thank, it's SilentlyScreaming that deserves the thanks, he's really good at what he does and he sent the E-Mail address. :)

Anton Quinn

Sep 18, 2014
Hi thanks for getting back to me sent the email to yous last night and included the link to the thread hopefully hear from you's soon. The thanks was meant for both yourself and SilentlyScreaming for helping me :) should be up and running in no time.. Fingers crossed lol