Ojp26

Feb 18, 2015
xbmc won't load it can take up to 20 attempts to get the app to open after having to force stop etc. I have tried clearing the data and reinstalling the wizard with no luck. I have also tried changing the skin which didn't work it just made the background of the app blue and didn't have any of the icons I normally use. Please help as I've only had this a few weeks and it's driving me mad already! I don't use it because it's that much of a pain just to get it to load.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Changing the skin to the Confluence one will stop the issue with XBMC not loading. Using this skin, head to Videos>Add-ons and you'll see all your add-ons there. It is the default skin for XBMC. Confluence Customizable Mod skin, the one installed and put into place by the wizard does effect stability for some customers.

Ojp26

Feb 18, 2015
As far as I can tell it seems to be working better, however i really don't like the default skin I used to be able to just click on movies and search all of the channels is there anyway of getting a similar user interface to the previous skin?

Ojp26

Feb 18, 2015
Could you just explain the steps on how to do that on here and I'll give it a bash Tomorrow and if I have any problems I'll get you on chat

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd first try SPMC. Open the Play Store application (see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ if you've not used it often) and search for SPMC, then install it. SPMC is a fork of XBMC/Kodi, written by one of the same guys. In general, you can simply substitute "SPMC" for "XBMC" if you're reading online guides to tweaking XBMC.

Grab me on a live chat, or e-mail us for the Wizard installation instructions and link. In either case, have the info mentioned here - https://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ - to hand.

Ojp26

Feb 18, 2015
I sent you an email a while ago Ive got SPMC installed but I can't install the wizard I have no idea how to? Can you get back to me asap

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not found a message before today's, at least searching for your e-mail address with the forum, or surname.

I've checked the response we sent to today's, and there is a more recent version of the Wizard available. Please wait for the second message from Jermaine.
[edit]
Sent it out myself, take note of clearing SPMC's data FIRST, then installing the Wizard!