ARJ

Sep 11, 2017
Hi All

What a horrible font!!

Just joined the DroidBox T8-S V2 Club.

Was delivered to me at work, rushed home to play with it and connected it to my Onkyo Surround Processor via HDMI only to have no sound.

Tried a variety of things in the set up but no sound. Not even the system sounds..

Have a picture though. Using the output on my Amazon Fire box gives me sound so the system is working.

Ive spent about 90 minutes and already pissed off!

Any suggestions please before I send it back to Amazon!!

ARJ

Sep 11, 2017
Unfortunately no luck.

As I hinted at, i spent around 90 minutes trying all sorts..

But whether I booted in Kodi or Android, no sound what so ever...

I need to see if I can find my old two channel converters from my old HTPC to see if I'm getting analogue out.

Does the Bluetooth system on this machine output sound to the bluetooth speaker?

I guess it does?

Be worth trying just to see if I get any sound there?

A.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I think we spoke on the phone earlier today? If so please let us know if the things we suggested worked. You can use a bluetooth speaker with the DroidBOX, please give that a try as well. With some speakers you may need to unpair the speaker with the previous device before pairing it with the DroidBOX.

Reactions: ARJ

ARJ

Sep 11, 2017
Dave,

Success of sorts...

I tried your HDMI cable and nothing. Went back to my HDMI cable picture but no sound.

Tried another HDMI lead and the DRoidbox was unable to send a signal to the TV as it was out of range. My Plasma Display only accepts 1080i not 1080p

Used my AppleTV HDMI lead, and it worked. This is also using another HDMI port on the back of the amp, the other cables were plugged into the front.

So currently using the Droidbox in-lieu of the apple TV a short term solution but at least it is all okay.

Another question. Can you use Bluetooth keyboards on the Droid box?

Thanks, Adrian

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
You should be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard with no issues, we are not able to guarantee it as there are many different models but it should work fine.