Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Had to reset my box today as it was playing up, so as I was on the old wizard which is know longer available, I installed the latest version of kodi (15.2) and loaded the wookie wizard.
As I'm on the DBMC I loaded the new wookie and all looks good, but it takes up a lot of storage. Also noticed after watching something the misc files in storage has gone from 1.30 to 1.60 and keeps growing. So I had a look on this great forum for info, and checked my cache setting in the maintenance add-on and found its set to zero cache so now I've turned the advanced setting off. Now its gone to playing fine for around 40 mins and then goes stop start.
Is this a wookie problem as on the old wizard never rely had a problem. I've got a T8 which has been a great box for me..... and I'm always learning things on it. Any input would be great and thanks...

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

If you have installed the Kodi from play store, then i would recommend trying the version from our website: http://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/droidbox-kodi-dbmc-downloads/
First uninstall the one that is currently installed on the box and then download Kodi 15.2 from the link above and install it.

The issue that you are reporting about storage getting filled up is a common problem and a lot of users did already report this.
It is when your memory is getting filled up with temporary files (cache files). To correct that out please follow the procedure below:

1: Start your box as normal.

2: Then Click on Circle with 6 dots at the Bottom of Screen, it will open up your apps.

3: Then Click On Es File Explorer.

4: The on left hand side menu in Es File Explorer click on Tools

5: Then Click on Sd Card Analyst

6: It will analyze the memory of your box and display which folder is taking up the maximum space.

7: Then click on the top most folder which is the folder taking max space on the box which will usually be Android.

8: Then Click on Data folder>then click on org.xbmc.kodi or com.semperpax.spmc (if using DBMC) then Click on Files then Kodi or Spmc (if using DBMC) then you will see the temp folder.

9: Delete if you see temp folder by selecting and long press the OK button which will bring a tick check mark on the right side of the folder and a Delete option will now be visible near the bottom of the screen

10: Hit the Delete option then go back to the Home Screen. and restart your device... Then again go back into DBMC load wookie retro pack or new look wookie skin if you are using DBMC.

11: After loading wookie on it go onto System option inside XBMC or DBMC and then from Drop down on System go into Xunity Maintenance>Tweaks> Click on 0 Cache Advanced XML
(0 cache advanced xml will prevent storage of cache files (temp) on the device)

That should resolve the issue.

Hope that helps you out...

Reactions: Sal

spit63

Nov 15, 2015
Had to reset my box today as it was playing up, so as I was on the old wizard which is know longer available, I installed the latest version of kodi (15.2) and loaded the wookie wizard.
As I'm on the DBMC I loaded the new wookie and all looks good, but it takes up a lot of storage. Also noticed after watching something the misc files in storage has gone from 1.30 to 1.60 and keeps growing. So I had a look on this great forum for info, and checked my cache setting in the maintenance add-on and found its set to zero cache so now I've turned the advanced setting off. Now its gone to playing fine for around 40 mins and then goes stop start.
Is this a wookie problem as on the old wizard never rely had a problem. I've got a T8 which has been a great box for me..... and I'm always learning things on it. Any input would be great and thanks...
hi, I just installed the black box wizard in place of wookie and more than happy with it, might be worth a look on you tube before you decide, if you dont like it you can always reinstall wookie, nothing to lose?, best regards Andy[emoji3]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Thank you very much Qaisir, that has seemed to have done the job.
Let you no how it goes..

Spit63, I've been looking at other wizards, like hushams, Mucky Ducks and the Beast...but I don't have much storage left on my box so even looking to do a custom build myself. When I have time...but up to now I'm happy it's running well. :D

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I found on my box zero cache casing play back errors. If you have problems go to programs and then Xunity maintenance and tweeks and here you can turn it off by clicking on delete advanced XML. You can also use the other maintenance tool program if you have it.
You can also check that you have Acceleration setting done as well. Go system, Video and Acceleration make sure you highlight them all as well.
Another one for smooth playback, go back one and up from Acceleration is Playback. Now go here and go put Always in on Adjust display refresh rate, what this does is make sure you have the best refresh rates suited to the source being played...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks, very helpfully. My box seems OK at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.
Just tried the refresh rate now and seems smoother and no judder to.

Great help