robit

Jun 6, 2015
Might be an idea to keep them all in one place.

So, to start with, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off automatic updates for wookie? Either within Wookie or anywhere else. I would prefer to update manually if I chose to.

Regards,

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015

So, to start with, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off automatic updates for wookie? Either within Wookie or anywhere else. I would prefer to update manually if I chose to.

Regards,
Hello Robit,

You can follow the below video to turn of Auto Add-on updates in Kodi:

Hope it helps you out.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Thanks Qaisir but somehow I don't think it will stop Wookie updating it's self and changing to whatever it thinks you should have as a wizard.
Thought perhaps someone stopping wookie to do this.

Best Regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi robit. I cannot ever recollect the wookie auto updating, although certainly individual addons do. Maybe it does but I never notice it. What version is your wookie now?
The latest version has a build release date in the system tab (latest version is tagged 24-1-16).

Reactions: Qaisir

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015

Regards,
Hi

What you may consider is unistalling add ons that you are not using,and using Wookie lite pack in the start.because it comes with smaller number of add ons that are most reliable one!

Regards

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Sorry for late reply. Busy few days.

Nigelr,
Confession time. It ever happened to me but did on two of my sons T8. After turning their unit off with retro on, the next time Wookie light appeared. I was hoping to avoid it just in case, hoping someone had an answer to it. I'm still on retro for the reason below.

8bitDev,
I have seen Wookie lite (see above) and whilst it looked very good, the new Wookies appear to lack the two buttons I use most. The favourite and power buttons on the bottom left. Find it a pain having to scroll along to find them as a sub-menu somewhere. Unless of coarse it can be enabled somewhere. Not had a chance to find out as yet. It seems the same for all the latest Wookie packs now.

Kind regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Robit, if you are not too concerned about appearance, switch to the default kodi confluence skin and you will get your favourite and power buttons back. I have always used confluence as i find it uncluttered and efficient. All your addons from wookie lite will still be there. At the end of the day, access to addon content is the most important thing and i find confluence does that simply without the complexity of the default wizard build skins.

btw I'm convinced your sons must have run the wizard again manually to get the updates (hitting the wookie icon will cause it to reinstall the latest version).

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
You can also follow the below video to know how to switch Skins inside Kodi:

mark1

Nov 14, 2014

Nigelr,
Confession time. It ever happened to me but did on two of my sons T8. After turning their unit off with retro on, the next time Wookie light appeared. I was hoping to avoid it just in case, hoping someone had an answer to it. I'm still on retro for the reason below.

8bitDev,
I have seen Wookie lite (see above) and whilst it looked very good, the new Wookies appear to lack the two buttons I use most. The favourite and power buttons on the bottom left. Find it a pain having to scroll along to find them as a sub-menu somewhere. Unless of coarse it can be enabled somewhere. Not had a chance to find out as yet. It seems the same for all the latest Wookie packs now.

Kind regards,
Hi robit....try black box wizard on one of their boxes....think they will be quietly surprised

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015

Nigelr,

8bitDev,

Kind regards,
Hi

What you can do easily is change skin back to default.

On that way you can keep that pack that you use and use normal confluence skin.

Add ons would be located under videos>add ons and music>add ons

You can change skin by going into

system>settings>appearance>skin>confluence

Regards