Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Having used kodi before getting the box, I installed all the add ons I'd usually use without reading into using a droidbox. Having a play about and having some problems with the playstore lead me to the site and discovering wookie. Having never used wookie, I'm a bit hesitant to install it for fear of losing my already installed add ons, does it work like this? Can you install add ons on top of the ones featured in Wookie?
Thanks in advance

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Having used kodi before getting the box, I installed all the add ons I'd usually use without reading into using a droidbox. Having a play about and having some problems with the playstore lead me to the site and discovering wookie. Having never used wookie, I'm a bit hesitant to install it for fear of losing my already installed add ons, does it work like this? Can you install add ons on top of the ones featured in Wookie?
Thanks in advance
Hi

You can use tons of different add ons and wizards.

Its really important to watch out so they do not overlap,also to use standardized skin and maybe better to add some of the add ons manually with add on wizard installer!

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-xbmc-hub-wizard/

Pay attention on wookie data size,and tend to remove add ons that are not needed,that leads to more free space and Kodi(XBMC) running faster and more reliable.

Regards

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Ok thanks, I'll probably give installing wookie a miss then as I've pretty much installed all the add ons I'd use, it would take me longer I think to delete add ons installed with wookie that I'd not need in order to make space :) thanks for your help!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you ever want to experiment and check what another Wizard or pack from the same Wizard looks like, you can install SPMC or of course our own version based on that, DBMC.
1) You need to keep an eye on your storage space usage. Consider wiping DBMC/SPMC's data after an experiment, unless you have a lot of space to spare.

2) You can safely install different wizards/packs in DBMC/SPMC without altering Kodi's installation as they have different folders for their own set of data (hence why installing and running Wizards in both Kodi and DB/SPMC will double the space taken up)

3) If you really like a new Wizard/pack, you CAN try a dirty install over your current add-ons. If you find any problems occur, you'll need to wipe the app's data, then re-run whichever Wizard and pack will return you to the closest state your install currently has. Please note if support queries arise after a dirty install, the first part of DroidBOX's trouble shooting step would be clearing data.

4) If you have a T8-S or T8-S Plus, you can experiment in openELEC instead, however direct comparisons won't be 100% as different operating systems.