Tampa

Oct 8, 2015
Use UnblockUs on Android on T8S - if I switch to OpenElec will it be the same setup? Looks like a NO as system info has my original DNS settings. How can I add my UnblockUs DNS settings on openelec?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The above would be for installing an add-on for using a VPN within openELEC.

To alter the DNS servers set in openELEC, boot it up and head to the "OpenELEC" entry under the System menu.
If you have a non-default skin installed, look for a reference to Program or Program Add-ons, and then the openELEC Configuration add-on (both routes take you to the same place).

In either case, from here go to the Connections tab. Now click on the connection you use (be it a WiFi network or Wired) and select EDIT.
Now select the DNS Servers area and enter in the Primary and Secondary addresses UnblockUs provided. Unless they specified one, you can ignore the Nameserver #3 line.

Click Save once done. You may need to restart (or disconnect then reconnect the network connection) for the new settings to take effect.

If you ever switch to a VPN service, rather than DNS-based, and want to configure this in openELEC, you can do so for many VPN connections, following the guide at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/using-a-vpn-in-openelec/ , this one doesn't involve installing another add-on first.

Reactions: Qaisir