Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Just checking "available updates" in the system - addons section. There is an available update for the URL Resolver. I have auto updates switched on so normally they update without intervention. This one seems "stuck". If I open it to force an update it does nothing. It is flagged as version 2.10.8. I don't know what version the installed version is as I cannot find it.
Anyone else see this or have a solution?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Been looking at this and it's the same on my Hudl 2, don't think it's a problem as it's still working fine.
I wouldn't delete it either as a lot of apps use it...if I find anything I'll post it here.

Have you seen the new droidbox playon hand held device..looks cool.

Dave

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
My "live" version is 2.10.6 so is a few releases behind. Dont know what is preventing the update. May ask the developer.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I checked with the developers on the tvaddons site. The first piece of advice was to try deleting a specific database. That didn't work so they suggested a direct download of the latest (2.10.8) urlresolver zip file from here

http://offshoregit.com/tvaresolvers/tva-common-repository/raw/master/zips/script.module.urlresolver/

Then install it from zip.

Did the trick. They said this problem does occur from time to time and they dont know why. This is an important file which needs to be kept up to date so check if you have a "stuck" update.

WMS73

Apr 8, 2016
I was hoping 2.10.12 will work? Keep getting kicked out of every stream about 15-20 min. in, sometimes less.

Thanks for the link!!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Getting kicked us every 15-20 mins is unlikely to be a resolver issue. When you say "every stream" what do you mean? What Addons are you using? What droidbox do you have? What version of Kodi? What's your broadband speed? Wifi or Ethernet connection? If you can answer some of that, there's a better chance someone can help.

WMS73

Apr 8, 2016
Thanks for the help Nigelar.

I'm trying to watch Golf Channel on Phoenix. I load the show, watch for 10-15 min., then the stream stops/crashes. I have a Minix Neo x8-h. I'm using Jarvis now.

Wired speeds are great. 80 down and 12 up.

Again, thanks!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Think you need to contact your box supplier. Sounds like a specific issue. This is a droidbox user forum.
You could try clearing cache in case you have a memory full issue.
If it is just that golf stream it may be a server problem or contention at their end. You can prove that by trying other streams or Addons. If they are alright then it is unlikely there is anything wrong with your box.

WMS73

Apr 8, 2016
Thanks for your help. I installed URL v2.10.12. Looks like it's working...past the 30 min. mark now!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I know you don't have a droidbox, but normally you shouldn't have to manually update url resolver - it auto updates . Check you have auto update switched on for Kodi Addons (when in system - settings - Addons swipe out the side panel and ensure it is checked).

Reactions: ChrisM