Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi this message is coming up daily now with about 6 add-ons it says Add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies would you like to disable it on your system yes or no,have clicked yes and no still keeps popping up all the time,have cleared data and re-run wizard still does it plz help.thx

Reactions: Bobjuana

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes if you've got the imx6 box running Frodo this might happen. You can go to program's and Add-on installer to try and update this way. I did it with Phoenix, the only other thing is to update to the Gotham build instead. In the last few days there been a few not working in Metalkettles repo due to they need a fix from the Author. I've got imx6 box running Frodo 12.2 and I lost AAAtv last night and Vevo music that's all.

Last edited:

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi David thx for getting back,I have a T8 only a couple of months old running latest wizard does this help with a fix for problem thx.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes should be ok, you will need your password and username. Like I said, in the last few days some have gone because they need fixing. When this starts to happen I always run the wizard as it has all the latest builds of most add-ons. So good luck

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
I have my username and password so will re-run wizard,thx for the help and the hours and hours and hours of your time you put into the forum I know we all appreciate it:)

Bluenose

Dec 28, 2014
I am getting the same problem with version 13.2.
I have a T8 and have run the wizard twice today (the 2nd time as I believed the 1st time hadn't worked correctly as I was getting the unmet dependency errors).
I get the following error message:
"Add on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies. Would you like to disable it on your system?"
For the following add-ons:
HALOW LIVE
ROBINHOOD-PEOPLELIST
.AAA LIVE TV
DESIRULEZ
ONLINE MOVIES PRO
SPORTING STREAMS
YOUTUBE-DLCONTROL

Any idea how to resolve these?

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, some of these have now been makes as broken nothing to do with your box. Mettalkettles has had a few go in the last week, you can re- run the wizard as this puts the latest builds of the add-ons on. If you click on system, then add-ons, then get add-ons, then scroll down to Mettalkettles repo, click on it then, video add-ons. You can see the ones that are Broken and waiting for a fix. Hope this helps.

Dave

Reactions: Sal

Bluenose

Dec 28, 2014
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the update.
I've got the modded skin so have gone to System>Add-on browser>Get Add-ons>MetalKettles-Addon Repository
BUT it's blank, just has Up One Level

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, just hover our the Mettalkettles repo, press menu, this should bring up a menu press the refresh, then wait 5secs then press Metalkettle again this should make it refresh itself. You will no if its doing it by the thing in the corner spinning..good luck

Dave

Bluenose

Dec 28, 2014
Thanks Dave. Tried that and still getting the dependency errors every few minutes. Hopefully they will get fixed soon.

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
I wouldn't uninstall xmbc just clear data and run wizard,had to do it 3 times but it has stopped doing it now good luck.

Last edited:

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Go to settings-other-more settings-apps-scroll to bottom find xmbc CLICK FORCE STOP BUTTON AND CONFIRM, THEN clear data DO not uninstall then re-run wizard like you did the first time you got box:)

[edit]
Just inserted a bit about Force Stop - SilentlyScreaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You will get some messages like dependencies not ment if you are on the Frodo biuld of xbmc. Running the wizard might sort errors out, but not some of these message as some add-ons will not work on Frodo.
You can and go to program's and look for add-on installer, this will install the latest version of the add-on. I have Frodo on my imx6 and have lost Vevo, AAAtv and Phoenix. I got Phoenix back through the add-on installer.
If you are on Gotham then you should be ok just re- running the wizard. Like Estwing said clear data wait for it to get to zero then go back to xbmc. After the wizard has finished remember to click ok to the last message and unplug the power cord from the back, wait and back in. Also give at least 20mins for add-ons to up date to.
You can check what version if xbmc you have by going to system and underneath system info, in the bottom corner it has a number:ie 12. = Frodo. 13.=Gotham . 14= Helix.
Dave

Bluenose

Dec 28, 2014
I have left it a few days and just run the wizard again. The 4th time since I started getting the dependency errors and I am still getting the errors.
As far as I am aware I am following the procedure correctly:
1. Force stop xbmc
2. clear data
3. run wizard
4. remove power lead
5. plug back in and restart xbmc

I am on version 13.2.
Anyone else with a T8 on version 13.2 that has had the same problem but has resolved it?