canooker

Feb 14, 2018
New to this site so apologies if I missed a previous thread on this. I recently got a TX9 Pro and everything seems to be working fine, except for one of the most important aspects - Wireless speed. It is only allowing 5mbps down compared to my other wireless devices in the home running at 25mbps and they are older technology too. Any suggestions would be great!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A few things.
Wifi performance on these types of machine can be variable.
But...
How close to the router are you?
Do you have line of sight?
If you do, does your box support a 5ghz connection as well as the usual 2ghz (5 is often better if you have line of sight).
Are other electrical devices causing interference?
If you can, switch to an ethernet connection.
Finally if your box is in another room and you have proven higher speeds when close to the router, have you considered using wifi extenders?

If all fails you may want to contact the box supplier for help. I don't think droidbox offer that particular model (this is their user forum).

Hope you are able to fix it.

canooker

Feb 14, 2018
Tks a bunch! It's working properly now. It doesn't have LOS with the Router and was less 20ft away in the next room.
When you mentioned interference, that ring a bell. I had it parked next to a speaker and nestled between a large receiver and tv. My equipment is modest so not much shielding.
I trialed it next to the router and instant results. So I then installed a foot away from where it was before. Sometimes it's the simplest thing eh!
Cheers

Reactions: ChrisM