TheMagician8

Sep 10, 2017
Bought an Evanpo 3GB RAM/32 GB HD
Android box. My 2nd box. First one was hard to navigate, and Playstore apps wouldn't work. They had me update the firmware by DL'ing img file & software, and did everything on PC.
Still didn't wirk so sent it back for yhe mire ecpebsive Evanpo.
Loved it. But like to tweak stuff to make it look cool like launchers etc.
Everything was great, but cursor was too tiny to see & follow. Found an app to change it. Didn't seem to work, but said box needed to be rooted. Had minor past experience rooting a phone.
DL'd Super Root. This is where things went South. Ran Super Root thinking it would root the box. Asked me ig I wanted to do something or other, or do something with TWMP (?) I picked first option. Box rebooted. Little boot animation ran, went to boot logo...
Frozen. Nothing brought box back.
Read stuff said to put toothpick in AV hole to get to boot menu, and wipe clean. "Soft reset"? Did that, still stuck. Wrote company to do "Hard reset", asked for image. Sent me links for image & instruction video.
Instructions in broken Englush, but manage to grasp. Copy img. to SD card, run "bootcard maker" software included, put in card, do toiyhpick thing, update. Didn't work. Trued running bootmaker thing a few more times, worked. But starts to update, then fails about 1/5 into it.
Wrote company. Yold me to make sure card was formatted to FAT32. It was but reformatted. Tried again. Nope.
Must have tried everything about 40 times. Reformatting, redowlosding software, downloading from another source. This T95Z Plus box is by Evanpo, but several companies sell it.
Nothing I do can make upgrading line go past like 20%! And now since doing that bootcard maker thing, box no longer goes into boot menu with toothpick. Pretty much does nothing without SD card, but only will update 1/4 way. Does ANYBODY got any words of help please? This is like a $95. dollar brick right now.
Thanks!

This is the instruction video:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Bought an Evanpo 3GB RAM/32 GB HD
Android box. My 2nd box. First one was hard to navigate, and Playstore apps wouldn't work. They had me update the firmware by DL'ing img file & software, and did everything on PC.
Still didn't wirk so sent it back for yhe mire ecpebsive Evanpo.
Loved it. But like to tweak stuff to make it look cool like launchers etc.
Everything was great, but cursor was too tiny to see & follow. Found an app to change it. Didn't seem to work, but said box needed to be rooted. Had minor past experience rooting a phone.
DL'd Super Root. This is where things went South. Ran Super Root thinking it would root the box. Asked me ig I wanted to do something or other, or do something with TWMP (?) I picked first option. Box rebooted. Little boot animation ran, went to boot logo...
Frozen. Nothing brought box back.
Read stuff said to put toothpick in AV hole to get to boot menu, and wipe clean. "Soft reset"? Did that, still stuck. Wrote company to do "Hard reset", asked for image. Sent me links for image & instruction video.
Instructions in broken Englush, but manage to grasp. Copy img. to SD card, run "bootcard maker" software included, put in card, do toiyhpick thing, update. Didn't work. Trued running bootmaker thing a few more times, worked. But starts to update, then fails about 1/5 into it.
Wrote company. Yold me to make sure card was formatted to FAT32. It was but reformatted. Tried again. Nope.
Must have tried everything about 40 times. Reformatting, redowlosding software, downloading from another source. This T95Z Plus box is by Evanpo, but several companies sell it.
Nothing I do can make upgrading line go past like 20%! And now since doing that bootcard maker thing, box no longer goes into boot menu with toothpick. Pretty much does nothing without SD card, but only will update 1/4 way. Does ANYBODY got any words of help please? This is like a $95. dollar brick right now.
Thanks!

This is the instruction video:

Hi

Make sure to contact official seller of your box and provide them error report that you receive when failure is presented.They will be able to confirm if box is bricked for good or there is another way to fix it.

Regards

TheMagician8

Sep 10, 2017
Yeah been in contact. Over 12 emails back & forth. Bit of a language thing. Offered to take it back and refund or exchange. Was hoping that maybe someone here might have a better answer so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of sending it back and waiting for a new box. Found something on another site I might try first. If it don't work will send it back for new one. Thanks.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Yeah been in contact. Over 12 emails back & forth. Bit of a language thing. Offered to take it back and refund or exchange. Was hoping that maybe someone here might have a better answer so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of sending it back and waiting for a new box. Found something on another site I might try first. If it don't work will send it back for new one. Thanks.
Hi

You might want to pay attention to warranty and terms of service just in case you do not get blamed for box not working properly due to user error.

Regards