Thomsmyth

Oct 2, 2015
Hello,
Just got my t8s today. Turned on, clicked on openelec. The openelec logo popped up then it went to a black screen. Left it a few mins then did a clear cache factory reset reboot. When turning on it still tries to go straight to openelec followed by black screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thomsmyth

Oct 2, 2015
Cheers was speaking to shah on live chat. Am now awaiting email re return of box? Email Hasnt arrived though and would appreciate being able to get it sorted asap please?

EC225

Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys, firstly this box is amazing and very happy with it but unfortunately it's stopped working. I have tried the reset to factory settings but it goes through the process then I reboot but it shows the droid box logo then the screen goes blank black screen Help please? Thanks in advance cheers EC

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ok, try holding the restore button in on the side of your box by the USB ports. Power on your box still holding this button in until you see the recovery menu, now just clear cache and try and reboot.
See if this helps

EC225

Oct 23, 2015
Hi thanks for the response but unfortunately I have tried that but it still does the same, it says boot on the front the droidbox.co.uk appears on the screen then it goes black and just sits there.

Cheers EC

EC225

Oct 23, 2015
Hi Dave once again thank you , I don't have hard drive in the box. Cheers EC

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry to here....if you go to droidboxs main site and in the corner there's a green box with chat or message in, this is live chat. If you use this the droidbox team might be able to sort this out for you.
Its office hours only so only open 9 till 5 ish, if I remember.
Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon

Dave

EC225

Oct 23, 2015
Ok I spoke too soon, just clicked on openelec and it died again, exactly the same as last time.

Would appreciate if we could get an online fix rather than sending it back again.

Cheers EC

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Please excuse the delay with this response. If openELEC is having problems displaying on your TV, a factory reset or using a different TV to select the Switch To Android option from openELEC's power/standby button in the bottom left.
After that, seeing whether switching resolutions in openELEC on a 2nd TV is enough to enable your normal TV to display it.