Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi

I recently bought two T8s plus V2 boxes one for me one for my daughter. After trying to put in a 2tb hard drive nothing shows up say in es file explorer. What does show up is something like USB 1005 and when I click onto this it says cannot open file. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
It sounds like its not formatted. I've installed various 1tb 2tb hdd's in my T8-S Plus Ver 2 but always formatted them from my PC first.

Try booting into LibraELEC and within the LibraELEC settings menu i'm sure theirs an option to format HDD. Once done check in file manager then reboot to android. It should then pop up when android starts.

Alternatively, if you format them externally on a PC (i.e. Caddy) make sure you choose exFat or the old FAT 32. If you choose FAT 32 remember that files over 4gb cant be transferred or generated. ExFat allows this.

If however you get the option to set as internal Hard Drive, just know that this works fine in android, but wont be further recognized in LibraELEC. just press escape in android and you can still use the 32gb partition and the 2tb HDD for data (movies) etc if that's your prerogative.

Last edited:

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi and thanks for the help.

I formatted in T8s plus v1 do I have to format again in V2 machine?

Thanks again
Stephen

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
No it should be a straight swap if that's the case. Try unplugging the SATA cable and reconnecting it. sound stupid, but has worked in the past!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
On a T8-S Plus v2, try this:

Homescreen>Settings (one or two cogs)>Storage & Reset>Scroll down and look for a format option.

If that doesn't have anything useful, please try:
Homescreen>Settings (one or two cogs)>Down one row>More Settings>Storage & USBt>Scroll down and look for a format option.
(sorry for the vagueness, don't have a T8-S Plus v2 here).

Don't forget you'll lose anything on the drive already. If offered to format in either Internal Storage or Removable Media, Removable Media probably the safer option.

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys thanks for the replies

Seems like the box won't recognise the hard drive being connected there's no option at all to format anywhere. The drive is definitely powering on as I can hear it come to life when I connect the lead. I'm stumped now. Also tried reconnecting cable but to no avail

Thanks
Stephen

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi had same problem wouldnt recognize my hard drive so used an ssd drive and it worked fine
Hi

Can you share the links for both so we could take a look as a comparison?

Also note that SSDs usually require less power to run.

Regards

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys tried a 250gb ssd last night same problem just not recognising it. In es file explorer a USB device shows up regardless of one being connected and when I click on it,it says failed to open file. Don't know what's going on

Thanks
Stephen

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Chris

I have tried formatting the drives still no luck says something like ASMT USB Drive not formatted. Also they don't show up in libre elec

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you pop across to our main website, and be with the device, before 5.30PM Monday-Friday? If so, start a live text chat with one of our support agents and we'll get this sorted out. If you could have your order ID or the postcode the device was delivered to before you start the chat, that would be great.

DennisF

Aug 20, 2017
Good Day,
I am in the same boat as Stephen 319. I was able to format the ssd in Libreelec but when I boot to Android I am unable to see the drive in Es File Explorer.
Any Help is always appreciated.

Thanks,
DennisF

Last edited:

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Dennis

I got it to work only by the outside USB though kinda pointless having a internal hard drive bay now.

Hopes this helps in some way.

All the best
Stephen

DennisF

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply Stephen.
Was support here unable to sort it out for you?

Dennis

Stephen319

Apr 24, 2017
Your welcome Dennis

Support here is usually great but I hadn't got time to come on when they asked. So I wouldn't fault them there.

Thanks
Stephen

DennisF

Aug 20, 2017
Very good. I will give them a shout through the chat here and see if they can get it sorted out.
I'll let you know the result.

Dennis

DennisF

Aug 20, 2017
Good day,
Just a follow up.
The problem appears to be with ES File Explorer. I uninstalled it rebooted the box, formatted the ssd drive in LibreElec and I can now access the ssd using settings then more settings in Android.
I did like the the layout of ES File Explorer so I am going to continue messing around with it to see if I can get it to work properly.

Dennis

bluebox212

Jun 22, 2017
whoshotprincipalhunt.blogspot.com
My SSD dismounts immediately after formatting in Android. I get the message that it is a successful format for internal storage and then it dismounts. I am hearing about something going on with the cable and NEW upgraded ones are showing success keeping the SSD mounted. But how do I get the cable? DroidBOX support wants me to go through a factory reset. I am holding off on that for just a moment as the only issue I am having is with the SSD disconnecting. All the other programs work fine. Check out my video or pdf.

Attachments

• DroidBOXdriveerror.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.