27mark

Aug 10, 2015
myself and a friend received our boxes and i set about setting them up but noticed a couple of things on both so i guess they are all like it.
first off i noticed there is no download in the android apps, i wanted to download the showbox apk but kept failing, i then used es file and whilst it downloaded it would not install so i tried the browser and again it failed but when i looked in the es download folder it was now there and installed .
alot of faffing about and would be much easier if the android download app was included in the next update.

secondly when i try to close down both boxes using the reboot app or the red button on the handset the box starts to shut down but just keeps rebooting, this could be just down to a power setting but i can not find it.

thirdly the first thing i did was to update both boxes using the ota app this seemed to go smoothly enough but i noticed there was no option to clear data before installing and after the update the ota is still telling me the 1.1 update is still available even though its installed.

apart from these few issues openelec runs fine and wookie downloaded and installed and the addons seem to be working without problems.

i guess with an updated os like lollipop there will be a few teething problems that will get ironed out with future updates

Reactions: sean99

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
myself and a friend received our boxes and i set about setting them up but noticed a couple of things on both so i guess they are all like it.
first off i noticed there is no download in the android apps, i wanted to download the showbox apk but kept failing, i then used es file and whilst it downloaded it would not install so i tried the browser and again it failed but when i looked in the es download folder it was now there and installed .
alot of faffing about and would be much easier if the android download app was included in the next update.

secondly when i try to close down both boxes using the reboot app or the red button on the handset the box starts to shut down but just keeps rebooting, this could be just down to a power setting but i can not find it.

thirdly the first thing i did was to update both boxes using the ota app this seemed to go smoothly enough but i noticed there was no option to clear data before installing and after the update the ota is still telling me the 1.1 update is still available even though its installed.

apart from these few issues openelec runs fine and wookie downloaded and installed and the addons seem to be working without problems.

i guess with an updated os like lollipop there will be a few teething problems that will get ironed out with future updates
Hi

Sometimes it happen that applying new update is not done properly so you will have to do factory reset in order to apply updates fully.

Power OFF feature works normal with IR remote,for advance/additional remotes doing calibration is needed.

First thing,its possible for download to break/do not start,you can always pull app dropdown from top left corner and see if downloading is working and when it is done,or it failed.

Its not possible for app to be installed on its own,someone have to click through the procedure so being installed on its own is simply not possible.

If you have more questions,feel free to ask!

Regards

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
well ive done a reset and now there is no update available in the ota but as i now have the droidbox centre and i can access google play store fine im guessing the ota update worked ok.

ive found if i shut down with the supplied remote it powers down as it should but if i use the airmouse or the reboot app to shut down it just reboots, i downloaded a power button app that i used with my t8s but even this would not shut the t8s plus down but this could be down to incompatibility issues with the lollipop os.

how would i go about calibrating the airmouse power button to match the original remote

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If this is not your remote there is another video on the droidbox youtube channel for the B52 remote.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
thanks angela, my airmouse is different to that but i will check out the droidbox vids and let you know how i get on

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
well ive tried pairing up the vip remote and cant get it to work and the reboot app and powerbutton app will not shut the box down so ive give up and just using the supplied remote for powering down.

so on to downloads, if i download a apk with es file the app installer cant recognize it, in the past with other boxes i just downloaded using the browser to the android downloads then installed with app installer but this is not working because there is no android downloads in the apps for the browser to download to, unless i just cant find it but its not for the lack of trying

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
well ive tried pairing up the vip remote and cant get it to work and the reboot app and powerbutton app will not shut the box down so ive give up and just using the supplied remote for powering down.

so on to downloads, if i download a apk with es file the app installer cant recognize it, in the past with other boxes i just downloaded using the browser to the android downloads then installed with app installer but this is not working because there is no android downloads in the apps for the browser to download to, unless i just cant find it but its not for the lack of trying
Hi

When it comes to installing .apk files you will need to enable unknown resources ON

You can do this by doing next:

Go to

settings>other>more settings>security>unknown resources>check the box ON

OR

settings>security>unknown resources>check the box ON

Please take a note that in order to enter settings use cog,or 2 cogs icon on the homescreen of the box!

Regards

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i checked the security settings and install from unknown resources and it was already on, but the odd thing is i switched off and back on and now appinstaller can find the apk files, weird but at least it works now.

i just need to find out now why the reboot app wont shut the box down and im sorted

Ackowildcat

Dec 14, 2015
Hello i am having to Re-download Andys build ver 7 atm for the third time because the build is great but i change a Skin then i came out of it only to find that andys build had disappeared again back to the default droidbox skin i had it looking great with all the fix's installed for the live tv programs so any idea what happen plz,Also in openelec it say's can't find network even thou i've got my wifi on and won't let me put another build on
Thanks

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i found with openelec some settings are only available when in default skin, you can set your network up then change back to modded skin ok

Ackowildcat

Dec 14, 2015
How do i set up my network in openelec it keeps saying no network found & remote share i suppose that's why i can't installed Andy's build on it ,Plus my Android side keeps freezing when i click on Kodi interface to get to my installed build can anybody get me through this plz

Ackowildcat

Dec 14, 2015
Yes it's ok in android ive installed andys build again but probable loadered too many addons thats why i think it freezer,But openelec wont connect to network dont know what option to use