lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
My T8 S plus V2 freezes on the Droidbox Android loading screen. Tried opening Librelec but the box does not respond. I get a message Android Optimising Apps it goes through the cycle goes back to the Droidbox loading screen but it is still frozen. Done this 3 times now. Unplugged everything plugged in my old Firestick and works perfectly. Hoping I don't have to do a factory reset.

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
There is a 2015 YouTube video showing Ho to reset the T8 range. Before going ahead I just want to make sure that the method applies to the T8 s Plus V2? I forgot to mention that when you turn the box on rather than showing the time it says boot

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Tried the factory restore, first cleared system cache and rebooted the box but same problem. Factory restore again and cleared all data etc. All that happens is the box boots into the www.droidbox screen and after a while goes into the android optimising apps routine. What I have noticed is when I carry out the factory reset it is looking for a non existent E: drive.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Forget the e drive message it is a red herring and not a real error.
How long are you letting the optimising apps thing run?
In some cases when my machine reboots following a crash, it may take 20 minutes to go through that routine before things return to normal.

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
When I press the clear all data button after 5-10 seconds it just boots back to the android screen and freezes up.

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Many thanks Nigelar. I have been lumbered with having to watch Strictly with Mrs Lovemybox. Will post a screen grab later

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What? Of mrslovemybox?
Same here. Mrs R has scd on.
I am sneakily watching edinborough vs airsprays rugby on the tablet.

Reactions: lovemybox

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Watching strictly must have helped with the box. just tried again and this time the reset worked. It must have been watching Anton & Ruth:D:D:D now to set up everything again. Learnt a valuable lesson, back up everything when all installed