Watersnapper

May 18, 2019
Hiya, I have a T8-S Plus V2 with the latest firmware and LibreELEC 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6 Final) supplied by Droidbox.
I was wondering if LibreELEC v11.0.3 or CoreELEC v20.2 can now be used on this box as LibreELEC have re-introduce support for AMLOGIC supporting S905, S905X/D & S912 devices to stop older devices going to landfill.
The link is here - LibreELEC (Nexus) 11.0.3 - LibreELEC - https://libreelec.tv/2023/07/20/libreelec-nexus-11-0-3/
It would be nice to bump up the Kodi Version up to the latest on this device.
I've seen a post for CoreELEC too, that will run on this device, bumping kodi up to 18.6.
Could LibreELEC/CoreELEC be able to be bumped up to the latest bringing Kodi up to version 20.2?
@sean99 @Dave C - Is this something that could be possible?
I've not made the jump to CoreELEC on this device yet, but i will if that is the only option left for me to get Kodi to a newer version than 17.6 that it's currently on.
Thanks
Greg

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I don't think we have any more T8-S Plus v2 in the office for a while now so I am not able to test it unfortunately. In theory it would work but you could have issues with WiFi, ethernet etc if they are not supported. I would say upgrade it at your own risk. If everything is working fine on current version then leave it as it is.

Watersnapper

May 18, 2019
I don't think we have any more T8-S Plus v2 in the office for a while now so I am not able to test it unfortunately. In theory it would work but you could have issues with WiFi, ethernet etc if they are not supported. I would say upgrade it at your own risk. If everything is working fine on current version then leave it as it is.
Hi @Dave C, Thanks for replying.
Libreelec provided the below link
I used the box image to boot the newer version via an SDCard which worked apart from the remote control which isn't that big of a deal. I will try some of the other gxbb images to see if the remote control will work, unless you can remember how you got the remote to work in other versions?
Wifi worked, Internal HDD storage is accessible, I've not tested the ethernet on the back though but will
Would there be a way to write the image over the top of the built in LibreELEC 8.2.5 that is stored on the emmc?
I know there would be a risk of doing this but I'm happy to try it, I'm just not sure how to write it to the emmc?
Any Guidance would be appreciated.
Greg

Last edited:

StuDroiX

Staff member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi @Dave C, Thanks for replying.
Libreelec provided the below link
I used the box image to boot the newer version via an SDCard which worked apart from the remote control which isn't that big of a deal. I will try some of the other gxbb images to see if the remote control will work, unless you can remember how you got the remote to work in other versions?
Wifi worked, Internal HDD storage is accessible, I've not tested the ethernet on the back though but will
Would there be a way to write the image over the top of the built in LibreELEC 8.2.5 that is stored on the emmc?
I know there would be a risk of doing this but I'm happy to try it, I'm just not sure how to write it to the emmc?
Any Guidance would be appreciated.
Greg
Hi Greg,
Unfortunately we can't advise as we don't support this. Sorry.