Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebox212

Jun 22, 2017
whoshotprincipalhunt.blogspot.com
How do I get the new cable for my T8-S Plus V2? My SSD keeps unmounting and says that it has been removed. I have looked at the forums, blogs and youtube videos. I have formatted and reformatted my SSD numerous times and it continues to dismount. I have contacted the website and spoke with the text help. I am pretty sure that I may need to install the new cable. I sent [email protected] and email with my problem and copy of my purchase receipt and a screen shot of where I registered with DroidBOX. I asked them for a new cable and all I got was a bot reply telling my to try everything I had tried already.

bluebox212

Jun 22, 2017
Have you tried unplugging and reconecting your SSD to see if this works..it might last a bit. Then on Monday try getting in touch be live chat or phoning to get a new cable.
Hey David, I have tried unplugging and reconnecting several times. That works initially and then it says that the drive has been removed. I really think it is the cable issue. I did try the tech support once before and it was very tedious with no success. In the end, the guy told me to reformat the drive using my laptop...which I did and I got the same results. I will reach them on Monday as suggested. Thanks

bluebox212

Jun 22, 2017
I am attaching screen shots of the drive fail that I am experiencing in my DroidBOX. I believe that a new SSD cable would resolve the issue. Please view the attached file. You may view the file online at

Attachments

• DroidBOXdriveerror.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 188

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I agree with you on the new cable, you could for now unplug the old cable from the box and drive and then reconnect it checking it's connected correctly.

Have you spoken to droidbox yet...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@bluebox212 See my other response regarding email (the automatic reply you got is sent out to all messages, you should get a human typed one as well, Monday-Friday), also worth checking the power supply. Can you look at the specifications printed on it, something like 5V 2000mA or 5V @ 2.5A etc. If you have any other power supplies that meet or exceed the current (mA/A), have the same size plug AND (really important), the same polarity for +/- on the plug, see if this helps. If it does, and your DroidBOX purchase's warranty hasn't expired, they should be able to sort you a replacement power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.