Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Hi all

When I am trying to stream live sports on my T8 for example through Rojadireta the acestream links work fine but all sopcast links fail to load.

Does anyone have any advice on getting Sopcast to run please?

D

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Have you run the p2p-streams add-on yet to configure the system for sopcast links?
Visit https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-and-configure-p2p-streams-xbmc-os-x/ and scroll down to the
  • Go back to your home screen
  • Select Videos > Add-ons
(about halfway down, as you've already got the P2P-Streams add-on installed)
Follow the steps there, and you might want to read over https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Kodi/wiki/Android-Configuration , and don't worry about External Players.

Thank you for your reply, I have been on a number of sites including the two you have posted for me and input these settings a while ago.
I am wondering if I should uninstall the app and start again but it will be just my luck to end up with neither Sopcast and Acestream working.

richard burd

Jan 27, 2015
Silly question, have you got Acestreams running in the background? I have this running in background as it is required to run most P2P. I have found P2P and most Acestreams not the best. Have a look on Vdub25 addon, has a few with Acestreams

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you want to experiment without risking your current XBMC install, open the Play Store, search for and install SPMC. It can live in harmony with XBMC as they have their own userdata directories. If you don't have the Wizard ZIP file already, e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and ask us for the Gotham Wizard URL and instructions. You can then play about with SPMC and the settings, without touching XBMC, assuming the Android apps involved un/reinstall happily.

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Silly question, have you got Acestreams running in the background? I have this running in background as it is required to run most P2P. I have found P2P and most Acestreams not the best. Have a look on Vdub25 addon, has a few with Acestreams
Hi Richard, yes I have Acestreams running, like I say Acestreams run but the Sopcast streams don't

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
If you want to experiment without risking your current XBMC install, open the Play Store, search for and install SPMC. It can live in harmony with XBMC as they have their own userdata directories. If you don't have the Wizard ZIP file already, e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and ask us for the Gotham Wizard URL and instructions. You can then play about with SPMC and the settings, without touching XBMC, assuming the Android apps involved un/reinstall happily.
I've emailed you the request, many thanks for your support

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Hi

Thank you for the attachment and instructions but this did not work properly.

The droid wizard did not have the usual 3 choices depending on the model of smartbox, it just had two that said for all devices. I clicked on the first and it took an absolute age to download and run. Towards the end it asked for a login and password (I used the one I use for logging into the droidbox site but it didn't work.

It seemed to complete eventually but after the restarting it crashed the box and then when tried to run XBMC it would not run (hanging with a blank screen). I uninstalled SPMC rebooted and its OK again.

It seemed that SPMC and XBMC were not independent of each other?

Thanks anyway, I think I will just have to stick to Acestreams which is a shame as there seems to be more links through sopcast