ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Read from the top post to the bottom.

If you're looking for the info on flashing and download link, you want here

If something went wrong, new info welcome. Let us know what happens from moment device turns on, to when error occurs. Include names of menu entries if you're not certain on terms etc.

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Issue 1:
After flashing fw, first boot/switch to Android saw the launcher not come up, an iceberg/cloud like blurred wallpaper in the background.

Solution at the time:
Reboot

Happened again?
Not yet

Repeatable?
n/a

If occurs again, factory reset would be next step.

Screenshot
20160830_172531_0-png.611

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
After trying two usb and still the same issue "
can't load volume/misc!
Faild to mount / udisk (I/0 error)
I don't how to set up the box to read the usb but I use it normally with android! !

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Wahed v
Sounds like a firmware flash procedure issue, don't worry about the can't load volume /misc report, happens with them all, including successful procedures in the Recovery menu, see screenshots in other thread.

Failing to mount the udisk, does it do the same (failing to mount) with an SD memory card?

What type are the two USB devices' partitions?

If you can get your hands on a USB to USB cable (same plug both ends, like https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Male-2m-Cable-Black/dp/B0018I97M0 ) you could try flashing via ADB, but a memory card would likely be easier to locate locally and use. I've not done flashing via ADB on these devices, not since an old Kindle Fire in fact.

Did you follow advice re trying with no files and freshly formatting the USB devices?

@sean99 bug reports in here... @StringyMCFC , see this is what happens when you try and make something nice :)

Seriously though Sean, re OpenELEC vs LibreELEC I'm aware of no official policy on this. I suspect if/when they both have Kodi 16.x + it'll be a case of whatever works best (stable/behaving), but that is a personal assumption.

Reactions: sean99 and Wahed v

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
After trying two usb and still the same issue "
can't load volume/misc!
Faild to mount / udisk (I/0 error)
I don't how to set up the box to read the usb but I use it normally with android! !
Did you format your usb to fat32 before tranferring the 111mb L.E zip?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No need to apologize @Wahed v . This thread (if too many bugs are found) will be heavily trimmed, so if is just issue with procedure then it'll be wiped away anyway :)

@sean99 np at all, I've added the info into first post over in announcement post anyway, all helps improve the thread there.

Reactions: sean99

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I will try to format usb to fat32 or use SD and see what will happen?

Just to check, you're comfortable with installing a beta firmware? SD memory card is the best bet for me normally, as I tend to store less on them, so takes less time to back up files before fresh formatting. Just happened to use a USB this time as wanted to check what would happen if I didn't use a freshly formatted device.

If you get a problem with one installation method, flip to the other and hope!

If you prefer, this will hopefully go official and then be available via an application, rather than require a manual flash.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
OK so early indications are VERY positive. After a couple of SD Card formatting issues (running a mac) I managed to install first time. Rebooted system and it booted to Android. Clicked the Droidbox Switch and it booted straight to LibreElec (see below).

IMG_2241.jpg

Everything is working like a dream, except the clock on the front of the box itself. It now has gibberish instead of the time. Have rebooted to see if that does anything but alas, no, still the same display (see below). Will keep playing and let you know of any further issues.

IMG_2240.jpg

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Finally after trying few times with USB but only works with SD even without formatting... everything work perfect just the clock in the box as well .
Thanks for this update

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I had the the same problem with the clock, this fixed it for me, open LibreElec go to System > Appearance > International > now down to Time Format and change it to ( HH:mm:ss ) hopefully it will work for you.

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
20160902_110518.jpg
Just switched to android but have this issue with this screen and can't remove it . It's start with DBX luncher in the top and then this pic !!? But openelec is working ok like

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
I never saw this wallpaper before as well but what about starting with DBXT luncher in the top of screen and than this picture show .. i really don't want to do factory reset again
Screenshot_2016-09-02-15-35-46.png

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
Hi, I had the the same problem with the clock, this fixed it for me, open LibreElec go to System > Appearance > International > now down to Time Format and change it to ( HH:mm:ss ) hopefully it will work for you.
That works like a charm! Thanks very much!

Everything is now working tip top. Love it.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Everything working great apart from my clock, it is an hour behind, when I switch back to android the time is right again, when I first did the update the time was right aswell [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app