Southsideronnie

May 23, 2023
I have a SkyStream Max box and my remote will no longer turn it on. I can shut it off and do all the other functions. I have to unplug it for a second to turn it on. The supplied remote has limited buttons. The remote does not use a dongle. How do I figure out what the problem is. Should I get another remote and which one should I get?

OliviaNewton

May 24, 2023
I have a SkyStream Max box and my remote will no longer turn it on. I can shut it off and do all the other functions. I have to unplug it for a second to turn it on. The supplied remote has limited buttons. The remote does not use a dongle. How do I figure out what the problem is. Should I get another remote and which one should I get?
Replace the batteries: Make sure you have new or fully charged batteries installed in the remote control. Sometimes weak batteries can cause problems with your remote control.
Check the connection: Make sure your SkyStream Max set-top box is properly connected to a power source and that the connection between the set-top box and the TV or other device it is connected to is secure.
Use alternative methods: The SkyStream Max set-top box usually has several ways to control it besides the remote control. Try using the mobile app, if available, or try using a keyboard or mouse through the USB port on the set-top box.
Check your set-top box settings: Check the settings of your SkyStream Max set-top box, there may be an option related to remote control or power saving mode that needs to be adjusted or changed.

Southsideronnie

May 23, 2023
Well batteries were #1 on my attempt to get things working. I tried a mobile app but it was difficult to use. Ok, I'm a senior but I do have an electronics background and it would not turn on the Max. If I unplug the Max box and plug it back in, it preforms a restart and I am up and running. I have owned a few boxes they all seem to work that way. I have tried using a keyboard and mouse with a dongle on the USB 2 and USB 3 ports but it will not work. They do work on my SkyStream Pro box though. I have gone through the settings on the Max unit. I see the remote as a Blue Tooth device and that it is working with battery strength of 92%. I will check for power saving settings but I do not recall seeing anything like that. Other than turning the Max on with the SkyStream provided remote everything works. My question is does the Max use Blue Tooth to power on or IR technology. None of the IR remotes I own will turn it on.