ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Anyone know if theres any mileage in me getting powerline adapters so i can have a wired connection to help minamalise buffering im on Bt fibre so my speeds are good but i read that a wired connection is better.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
With Homeplugs you will probably get about 3Gb more than your wireless speed. At least that what my son got with them, though he's not on fibre.
HTH.

Regards,

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ian i think you have the same box as myself the t8 s, there is a speedtest app in android that will tell you your internet speed over the wi fi, i had buffering problems myself and tried zero cache and it was ok but i didnt fancy the risks of problems running this so ive now created a xml file to increase the cache size with easy advanced setting found in programmes addons.

my t8s is now running sweet, i can give you my settings tomorrow as im in work now if you like

Reactions: David Savage

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
ian i think you have the same box as myself the t8 s, there is a speedtest app in android that will tell you your internet speed over the wi fi, i had buffering problems myself and tried zero cache and it was ok but i didnt fancy the risks of problems running this so ive now created a xml file to increase the cache size with easy advanced setting found in programmes addons.

my t8s is now running sweet, i can give you my settings tomorrow as im in work now if you like
That would be great plus an idiots guide id appriciate that.
Doesnt always buffer but occasionally does which spoils the viewing.
I get 34 mb down and 9 mb up.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
That would be great plus an idiots guide id appriciate that.
Doesnt always buffer but occasionally does which spoils the viewing.
I get 34 mb down and 9 mb up.
hi ian here are the settings I use, first go to programs addons and get more, scroll down to a addon called easy advanced settings and install then launch
then go.
EDIT SETTINGS
NETWORK SETTINGS
NETWORK
now change the three at the bottom to

cachemembuffersize 52428800
buffermode 1
readbufferfactor 2.0

then go back to where you started edit settings and just below click on write xml file and your done, just reboot kodi and the settings will take effect.

Reactions: ian maddox

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
hi ian here are the settings I use, first go to programs addons and get more, scroll down to a addon called easy advanced settings and install then launch
then go.
EDIT SETTINGS
NETWORK SETTINGS
NETWORK

buffermode 1
readbufferfactor 2.0

then go back to where you started edit settings and just below click on write xml file and your done, just reboot kodi and the settings will take effect.
Cheers. Ytrying to do on openelec but cant install easy advanced setting. Will try on android. Cheers.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
then go.
EDIT SETTINGS
NETWORK SETTINGS
NETWORK

buffermode 1
readbufferfactor 2.0

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
then go.
EDIT SETTINGS
NETWORK SETTINGS
NETWORK

buffermode 1
readbufferfactor 2.0

Did you do this on openelec and android ??

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I only use openelec, did you click on write xml then reboot, it might be worth trying a Ethernet cable from the router to the t8 to see if this makes any difference and you can rule out wifi problems

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Seems ok now dont think i rebooted and wrote the file in the correct order had a stream on GOLF. All morning and seems ok since i re did the procedire.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
In most cases you don't need advanced setting, I turn them off, but if its a bad stream to start with then it will not help anyway.
I just make a note of the link and use another one.
If you do use advanced setting keep an eye on your storage and misc files. Clear cache often to.

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Powerline adapters - not at all sure they will help with buffering if the original WiFi signal was strong enough to begin with.
That said, I do use some myself, for parts of the house where WiFi is just too weak.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I'm on BT INFINITY 25 mb so lines good. Its only a few sites that buffer think its the stream not the box or INFINTY