kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Hi guys,

I've noticed phoenix recently playing around showing only nhl as a selectable option. I thought it may be and update issue or something but this afternoon i've also noticed the mutts nuts and cartoons8 are empty of content. Can anyone confirm this with their boxes or is it just me?

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
After looking into this further I can get phoenix to work fine on my Samsung s5 phone so does that mean it's a droidbox issue?

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
The phone and the box are running off the same network as well just in case someone highlights my Internet as the issue

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for reply

Yeah I completed removed my build earlier. And then reinstalled everything. It's 2.7 as well. It just shows nhl, some radio thing and then search, downloads and settings. Another strange thing is that cartoons8 is working on my phone fine to.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Clear kodi cache first. Then go into phoenix addon settings, just hit ok and exit. Then open phoenix.

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Just tried the above and still nothing. Also it appears that SALTS and genesis aren't working now or that there not picking any streams at all but I can see the contents. Could it be summin with my wired network? This appears to have happened since I've gone back to my bt home hub 5. I've literally just doubled checked and phoenix is working on my phone wirelessly. All very strange

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
For info i am seeing some problems with genesis and salts right now. Url resolver errors and lots of captcha codes. Some streams working though e.g. antman worked on one source.
Do what dave says.
Also just check in an android session whether you can access a browser, youtube etc. At least that will prove your wired connection is good and we can then focus on kodi.

Reactions: Sal

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Right to double check myself I used it on wifi instead of ethernet and it was no different. After that I turned off my firewall briefly to see if it was that but still no different. Oddly it all works fine on my phone so must be a droidbox issue

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for replies guys.

YouTube is working. Also ill note that I'm using andys build 7 on the android side of my box and just a very basic hub wizard install on the openelec side. Both are exactly the same in terms of how there working

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Many of us use the wookie wizard which is known to work. You might want to start again on the android side and if you dont want to use the wookie wizard, install your favourite addons manually one by one. Use this as a how to guide. Make sure you clear kodi data and cache first

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@kentmagpie The BT hub grabbed my attention. Can you open up the Browser or Chrome application, then visit this forum ( https://DroidBOXForums.com ). I think you may find a BT logo there instead of the forum. Click the GET STARTED button, then confirm no parental controls. It is the GET STARTED button not being pressed that is causing a lot of internet to not be accessible.
Could be wrong, but 99% of the time BT are involved, the process above sorts it.

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Morning guys,

Sorry for late replies. I finally managed to get round to attacking my problem yesterday. Very very simple solution. First thing I'd thought I'd try is turning my router off for over 10 mins to create a new ip address. Turned it all back on and booted up my droidbox and everything now works fine. What I still find weird is how it all worked fine on my phone. I had checked all parental controls and tried all other things.
Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: David Savage