Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Since "upgrading" to LibreELEC, the clock on my box work for a little while then stops. As I sit here now, it says the time is 23:10; whereas LE OSD shows the correct time of 23:45.

Any one else having this issue? I've factory reset the box and re-installed the update 3 times, but always with the same issue

BTW - In Android the clock is fine, it's only LE that seems to cause it to stop

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sounds like it might be worth checking the NTP server set.
Can you head to Programs>LibreELEC Configuration>Network
Under NTP servers can you enter
Code:
pool.ntp.org
into the Timeserver #1 line please? Obviously this assumes WiFi is set up (or the cable is still attached if using ethernet).

If that fixes it, let us know and we'll see if it can be included automatically in the future.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
There's an issue where the clock doesn't update when you start the box. I've previously cured this by adding ntp servers and ticking the box to wait for interent before starting kodi. This is perfect, but has no affect on the clock on the front of the box stopping. The time in Kodi itself is always correct, it's just the time on the box that stops.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try in LibreElec go to > System > Appearance > International > scroll down to Time format and if its not already change it to hh:mm:ss to see if that gets the clock working.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Thanks Edwin, but I've no problem with the clock in LibreElec, it's the one on the front of the box. Boot the box and it's correct, but then it just stops, while the one in LE stays accurate

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We've submitted this issue to the coders, if it can be fixed (not sure about the interface between the LCD screen and the main board etc) the fix will be included in an update.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
1.07 OTA update appears to have solved the box clock issue, thanks. However, the sound on passthrough is even more choppy than it already was. It seems the signal is intermittently not sent to the AV Receiver. No setting changes seem to improve the situation and it happens whether watching a 2.0 or 5.1 source

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Unfortunately, it was a false dawn, the clock on the box still stops with 1.07 :( and no amount of fiddling with settings seems to cure the choppy sound issue

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Unfortunately, it was a false dawn, the clock on the box still stops with 1.07 :( and no amount of fiddling with settings seems to cure the choppy sound issue
Regarding LibreELEC,it is still something new and we are one of the first to implementing it so bug fixes are on the way.If you installed wizard on the LibreELEC can you please wipe LibreELEC clean and try to install single add on instead in order to test the performance properly?
Also it would be useful to share the feedback if possible!

Regards

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Dave - Not tried those settings, but I have discovered that, as soon as the cache is full, the choppy sound stops. So it only seems to happen while it's filling the cache, which is weird! lol

Reactions: David Savage

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Had exactly the same issues as you Mark clock freezing on box and that only happened 2 to 3mins, so I have just done exactly what David had suggested and bingo worked for me too, only thing I had to change back was the video/acceleration settings as they caused flickering, but now I am a very happy camper, so thanks David for the info [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app