chunky

Aug 8, 2018
So, I received today my droidbox T8-SE and then, already got many problems. First, the box was loaded with some crappy firmware with the name zoomtak in it. Also, There wasn't any libreelec as an option... the ota update file wasn't working, still got the zoomtak after update. I finally managed to update it via my pc with the image file T8SE.Nougat.20171120.V8.2.0_aml_upgrade_package.img and got ride of zoomtak.
But Well, thats not the end of it.
I've just noticed very slow samba files transferts (I am connected via ethernet cable only) If I copy a file from the device to my computer, it wont go over 11 MB/s and if I try to upload a file to the device, the transfert doesn't start, it's stuck for about 60sec then I got an error that the network name isn't available anymore, the file is not transfered. Tried with different networks cable, other device connect at 1Gpbs on the same RJ45, so it's definitly not an issue on my part.

For the speed problem, I just noticed that the box negociated 100Mbps speed and no matter what I tried, coudn't have 1Gbps as advertised. This was a reason I choosed this box and this is false advertising, I will notice amazon about it and give a bad review for sure. I'm so disapointed by all of this ! will send it back to amazon if no solution is provided.
ps : this is for the manufacturer
I can give you serial number and pictures of the box and device if you want to check

IMG_20180816_130246.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Could you please email [email protected] with your Amazon order number, or your full name and address and we will firstly look into why your device had the wrong firmware and also help to get the issues with the network speed resolved. We can go over a few things with you once you email us. Thanks.

chunky

Aug 8, 2018
just emailed you with details at the address you asked.
How could it be possible to not having the right hardware inside ? It appear my droidbox can't negotiate at gigabit speed, only 100Mbps. other devices on the same plug having no problems negotiating that speed. It appear there are issues also with samba sharing external devices like usb drive or usb hdd with errors like I've reported before.

chunky

Aug 8, 2018
I really don't understand any of this. By googling zoomtak, I've found this site : http://www.zoomtak.net/product-item/kodi-tv-box-amlogic-s905x-h8/#specification
the hardware is about the same, but this catch my eyes :

Network Ethernet: RJ45 10/100M
Support 802.11 b/g/n/ 2.4GHz Wi-Fi

My box have no zoomtak marking on it, it has droidbox logo on it as well on accessories
IMG_20180817_133733.jpg
so I believe the mainboard must have been swapped with the one from zoomtak H8 somehow. In any case, this is not acceptable.