carstereoguy

Jun 18, 2015
I have a mxq pro and for some reason kodi wont start just black screen than goes back to main screen. when I look at the app in setting it looks like the kodi app is 4.11 gb why is it filling up thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The main reason it is filling up is failure to exit from kodi properly using the exit button. Try going into android - settings - apps - kodi then clear cache. Also check if you have downloaded any films or music and move them to external media.

If problems persist, contact the box supplier. This is a droidbox users forum and the mxq pro is not one of theirs.

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
Hi, I have the black screen, I did the Force Stop and the clear cache several times. I have unplugged the Kodi box on my MXQ Pro and I have read about storage rest but haven't done the factory reset yet. Under storage I see Apps 4.4GB and under Available I see 32kb so does that mean I have no more memory and need a factory reset?

I have Jarvis 16.1 running and this box is version 5.1.1 The system update on the box says last update was 09/30/2014

After I unplugged it I had to reset the time and date but when I originally got it everything was setup. Does it matter if I changed HDMI slots. I was thinking of doing that but wanted to hear back from someone with knowledge. Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, I have the black screen, I did the Force Stop and the clear cache several times. I have unplugged the Kodi box on my MXQ Pro and I have read about storage rest but haven't done the factory reset yet. Under storage I see Apps 4.4GB and under Available I see 32kb so does that mean I have no more memory and need a factory reset?

I have Jarvis 16.1 running and this box is version 5.1.1 The system update on the box says last update was 09/30/2014

After I unplugged it I had to reset the time and date but when I originally got it everything was setup. Does it matter if I changed HDMI slots. I was thinking of doing that but wanted to hear back from someone with knowledge. Thanks
Hi I would recommend going into android settings/apps/kodi 16.1/clear data. Then start putting kodi back together yourself or run a wizard of your choice and this will solve your storage problem. Not sure about the hdmi sockets as all the boxes I have had from droidbox have only ever had 1 socket. Also check if there is an ota update app available in your apps to update the firmware. Good luck

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
Hi I would recommend going into android settings/apps/kodi 16.1/clear data. Then start putting kodi back together yourself or run a wizard of your choice and this will solve your storage problem. Not sure about the hdmi sockets as all the boxes I have had from droidbox have only ever had 1 socket. Also check if there is an ota update app available in your apps to update the firmware. Good luck

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
So if I clear data, will it rebuild for me or I have to download it again? I just plugged it into a different HDMI port on my TV and I get the main Kodi screen but the background is black and it won't allow me to scroll from tab to tab. This is quite frustrating. It looks like a pic or something but I can't do anything in the screen and the time stamp shows Dec 2014 and military time.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Would suggest restoring to factory settings and start afresh and see how much data is available after that. If your box come fully loaded with kodi already set up, that could be a problem in itself as repositories change url's from time to time and addons stop working. Do you know how to add repos/addons etc in kodi?

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
This MXQ Pro was a gift with preloaded Kodi. Now I just noticed there is two areas where the Kodi app is found. Under settings then apps and then under Preferences there is a more settings and apps I see Kodi under there and I normally Force Stop there even though under settings it was stopped already and I clear cache once again.

So when I click on Kodi to open it starts up as if it was brand new and briefly goes into a black screen and returns to the main menu. This is frustrating.

I'm looking at Storage and it says Flash Capacity 8GB. Does that mean I have 8GB or I can increase to 8GB?

Then it says under that it says "Storage Space is Running out" but I don't know how to delete those specific areas. I see no option.

So what should I do now? Do I do a Factory Reset? Or Clear Data which is at 4.01GB and if I do any of the two how do I reinstall?
Thanks in advance

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Go to the settings where you can force stop, under force stop you should see clear data, click on force stop and then clear data,wait for it to go to zero then back out to your main screen, now click on kodi then you can put your addons on or run a wizard to do it for you.
Try the wookie wizard this will show you how to install it, try the wookie lite build or seans build in the community builds.

https://tvcordcutterz.com/kodi-wizards/tutorial-how-to-install-wookie-wizard-and-build-kodi/

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
Ok, I cleared the data and following the directions to add add dons and I'm in the file manager to add exodus.
I type in the http://fusion.tvaddons.ag but at the end before adding it gives me an error
UNABLE TO CONNECT
Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add anyway?

What am I doing wrong

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
Okay, my bad, I didn't realize I had to enter in my password again for my Internet. Now I can get in but I can't find The plugin.program.addonInstaller-X.x.x.Zip or on another site Repo.Exodus.X.x.x.zip. I see a lot of 1.0 or 2.0 versions of various types but not what is instructed.

spinezoe

Sep 8, 2016
Question, after I cleared data on my Kodi, does it wipe out Jarvis 16.1 that was there? I'm wonder if that's why I can see the plugin it's referring too?