debsandjames

Nov 22, 2015
Hi can anyone help TV box keeps freezing when watching movies happens every time at start or at the end I am total novice with this android box ready put it in the bin please help !

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi can you try this, go to programs and then Xunity maintenance and then tweeks. Now click on Delete advanced XML, go out of kodi and restart your box.
Now try and see if it has helped..also might be worth clear cache in setting, other, more setting and storage and clear cache. Hope this helps...good luck

Dave

debsandjames

Nov 22, 2015
Thanks dave could you be bit more clear watching film just now when it froze twice started buffering picture comes back for while the box I have is m8s

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Is the problem inside kodi (xbmc)...because sometime zero cache can be the fault. So in kodi go to programs and follow the above.
Now if the problem is outside kodi then it might be your storage and cache needs clearing..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It's easy, setting, more setting and storage then just clear cache.
Or inside kodi and programs Xunity maintenance and this time maintenance and clear cache(Delete My Cache).
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,
It usually happens when your memory gets filled up by cache or temp files.
Try to delete temp files through Es File Explore. Follow the instructions below to delete temp files through Es FileExplorer:
From home screen click on Circle with 6 dots at the Bottom of Screen, it will open up your apps.
> Then Click On Es File Explorer.
> The on left hand side menu in Es File Explorer click on Tools
> Then Click on Sd Card Analyst
>It will analyze the memory of your box and display which folder is taking up the maximum space.
It will display folders that are taking up maximum space
Usually it is android folder at top click on it and it will take you inside android folder and it will analyse folders inside it and display the folder at top that is taking up maximum space
After 'android' folder go into 'data' folder then go into 'org.xbmc.kodi' then go into 'files' folder then go into 'kodi' folder then you can see the temp folder. Select and long press the OK button on your remote and it will select the folder then you can delete it by clicking on dustbin icon at the bottom of screen.

Hope that helps..

debsandjames

Nov 22, 2015
Hi need help tried clear cache movies still keep freezing or will not play message is coming up one or more items failed to play check log for more info about message I am total novice at this android box please help this been going on for ages now Think something not set up! !!!

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
The issue that you are reporting is related to Add-ons.
You can follow below link to get more help about Check log:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
Also make sure that your internet speed is good, you can use SpeedTest Application to check your internet speed and if it is below 5mbps then you surely need to up your speed.

I would also recommend you to clear data and reinstall Wookie wizard.
Follow the link below to clear data and reinstall Wookie wizard:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Copy the result of your speed test here. If you are connected by wireless, try an ethernet connection to the router and rerun the test, copying the results here again.

Reactions: Qaisir

debsandjames

Nov 22, 2015
Followed instructions install from zip file then tells you go wookie wizard I do not have this on list have I missed something

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The installed wookie is usually under the programs menu in kodi. Find it and run it to set up addons. Choose the retro build.
Did you run rhe speed test like qasir suggested?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its not in system. If you have the confluence skin, it should appear on the menu bar alongside video, photos, music etc.