james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, i am a little puzzled, i have kodi 15.2 on my t8-s plus, i am running with pulse build, i wanted to upgrade to kodi 16 but when i go to the play store ir says already installed, but when i go to my apps it says 15.2?

Regards

James

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Remember you have 2 operating systems; android and openelec. Both have their own version of kodi. You may also have 2 versions of kodi in android; the dbmc version and official kodi. Perhaps official kodi is already 16 as it normally autoupdates from the play store.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hi, i am a little puzzled, i have kodi 15.2 on my t8-s plus, i am running with pulse build, i wanted to upgrade to kodi 16 but when i go to the play store ir says already installed, but when i go to my apps it says 15.2?

Regards

James
Hello James,

Try to uninstall Kodi 15.2 first then install Kodi 16 from PlayStore.
If you still face same issues then try to login into PlayStore by different Gmail account.

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Did this work for u James and silly question what is best way to uninstall Kodi? Will you lose all your addons etc and finally will it eventually be in the play store?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To uninstall Kodi on android, go into settings - apps - click on Kodi and click on uninstall
You will lose all your Addons if you uninstall
It has been in Google play for at least 12 months. Have you checked recently?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Did this work for u James and silly question what is best way to uninstall Kodi? Will you lose all your addons etc and finally will it eventually be in the play store?
By uninstalling Kodi you will loose all Add-ons that you have installed on Kodi.
Kodi 16(Jarvis) is available in Google PlayStore, sign in into PlayStore then search for Kodi and you will get the latest version Kodi 16 then click on that and install.
Also DroidBOX has released new version of DBMC (DBMC 16 based on Kodi) which you can download from the below link:
https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
i used the above link after doing a reset and now does show as kodi 16, interestingly, even though it does now show as kodi 16 in apps, if i go to the play store it says theres now an update to my version of kodi 16, would i be best instaling that, will that make it the default kodi app rather than the droidbox custom version?

also what is the difference with droid box's own custom version?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
If you have already installed DBMC 16 then no need to install Kodi 16 from PlayStore and in Apps it will be shown as DBMC(ex Kodi).
Also there is no major difference between the DroidBOX version of Kodi(DBMC 16) and PlayStore version but the DBMC 16 comes with some Tweaks and fusion installer that are built in.
To know more about DBMC 16 follow the below link:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-media-centre-16-jarvis-based-on-kodi/

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The only real advantage of the Google play version of Kodi over dbmc is that it will automatically push updates to you as opposed to having to install the dbmc apk from their site. This may or may not be a good thing. In my case my official Google play Kodi auto updated from 15.2 to 16. If I did not want to do this (e.g. Due to a major bug in 16), I would have had to have uninstalled and reverted to 15.2.